MOVED POST LYME DISEASE Q PLEASE ladybugmandy

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Sharon, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

LYME DISEASE Q PLEASE 04/25/08 01:52 PM

hi all. i have a close friend who thinks she has lyme disease. she works with horses and has been bitten by ticks several times.

she says she feels like things are crawling on her skin and she cannot stand it. she really seems on the edge.

i was wondering if anyone could suggest a doctor in maryland? she lives 2 hrs from baltimore in a very small town and has blue cross blue shield.

thank you very much
    sue

Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

buttercakes

Hello. Ladybugmandy, 04/25/08 02:15 PM

I was diagnosed with lyme 1/08, One of my worst symptoms is crawling sensations. After I started antibiotics they slowly
    went away. When i have flair ups it starts back up again,but never gets as bad as it was. I dont know of any Docs in your area. She needs to be tested by Igenex Labs.
    I believe the web site is Igenex.com. they will send her the test kit and her doc can order the tests. They are the most accurate. Good luck.

[This Message was Edited on 04/25/2008]

BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

femmdange

ladybugmandy 04/25/08 02:53 PM

sue ... there is a board where people share information on llmd's, based on your locale.

i personally have a really hard time with this site--it's much different than this. fortunately, i was able to get a list of some docs. aside from that, i can't even figure out how to get to my mailbox!

so you have to sign up with a profile, and then post under "seeking a doctor".

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php

i'm guessing that you could also do a search to see if anyone posted near that area before, and if you see responses that were pm'd ... contact the sender for info. basically people pretty much private message, as they don't want to post information directly on the board about docs.

good luck!

munch1958

Lyme is the next Tsunami 04/25/08 04:02 PM

Wish finding a LLMD wasn't so secretive! Try hooking up with a local support group. There are tons of them in the NE.

When 5 families on ONE block have Lyme in CT, it's dinner table conversation.

arosenbl0

shoemaker 04/25/08 07:12 PM

I think shoemaker is also in MD. Might be worth going to him. He seems to know what hes doing...

pj1954

femmedange 04/25/08 08:39 PM

click on your profile in lymenet and you will see your mailbox there-pj

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2008]

ladybugmandy

lyme 04/26/08 12:46 AM

hi all! thank you for your help!

looks like dr. shoemaker is the only one who accepts insurance (i think)...but i still have a few to call on monday.

femmdange...i signed up at lymenet but can't for the life of me figure out how to post a message!

thanks again all...i'm really hoping i can help my friend find someone. she is in a bad state and i'm the only one she talks to about this cuz she knows what i go through with the CFS.

love
    sue

femmdange

ladybugmandy 04/26/08 08:37 AM

there is one in delaware county, in pennsylvania that accepts insurance. i don't know how far that is from your friend, but if you are interested in this doc's office let me know.

ladybugmandy

femm 04/26/08 11:01 AM

hello! my friend lives 2 hrs from baltimore..i dont know exactly where that is..i am in canada.

so far, i have found dr. ritchie shoemaker and Dr. Jan Bachowski...i think they take her insurance...

but please feel free to give me the name you have!

thank you!
    sue

highcotton

lyme doc 04/26/08 11:32 AM

Lymnet.org does take some getting used to -- at first the busy-ness of the screen is really hard to follow -- but that is the best place to get info because you can Private Message.

I see Dr F in Rockville MD. He does not accept insurance and opts out of Medicare.

ladybugmandy

highcotton 04/26/08 11:57 AM

thank you. yes i have heard of dr. F....but yea....she cant afford to not use insurance.

:)
    sue

pj1954

ladybugmandy 04/26/08 01:21 PM

I hate those creepy crawlie bugs under the skin they drive me crazy.

ladybugmandy

lyme 04/26/08 03:18 PM

my friend is so scared its morgellon's...

femmdange

ladybugmandy 04/26/08 03:22 PM

i'm going to remove this post later, so let me know when you get it. there is some concern about spreading these doc's names around for various reasons. i think pa is trying to get a bill passed (this is vague info--i read it somewhere) that protects physicians treating lyme.

len schuchman
    tick borne disease center of southeastern pa
    610-459-5920

i can't give any testimonial other than i got his name from lymenet (so i assume he's ilads-educated) .... the office staff seemed friendly and accommodating.

i also spoke to a woman i was told of by a friend, who had had lyme and is now well. she gave me a few hours of her time via telephone, to go through her treatment with me. it took her 2 years, but she is now well. she began with antibiotic therapy, and several months in, needed to stop, as her body couldn't handle the meds anymore. so good to know you can achieve success with this with different approaches. the best thing is to get started ASAP!

please let me know when you've read this, and i'll delete the name.

femmdange

creepy crawlies 04/26/08 03:23 PM

fairly common in lyme, by the way. got that too!

:-(