Movers coming tomorrow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by findmind, Nov 24, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

We got them to come 2 days early! We were just sitting around, planning on doing nothing until Sun. nite, but called them today and told them we were ready now!

They said fine, they had the truck and men, they'll be we are going to be out of touch until next week sometime.

Thanks for all the help, good suggestions, and encouragement getting thru this, dear ones.

Now to find a way to cram 10 rooms into just 5!!!

Wish us luck,
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

I hope everything goes well!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope not too many of your ming Vah-ses get broken.
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I wish you good weather and an uneventful move. Soft hugs.
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good luck with it and may you have everything you need when you're through and nothing you don't need.

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How did it go?
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

fight: You can help! but why should 3 of us die? Take it easy!? HA! See note below names..

mezombie: It "went" fantastic! I cannot believe that my body was so strong and I worked so hard packing 80 boxes and have the entire house put away in just 3 days! See note below..

rockgor: Ming vah-ses??? you mean those glass ones my honey brings me flowers in from Wal-Mart? See note below..

joyfully: Good weather? How's the 80's? (I'm in the far south.) Thanks for huggies, softer ones back at ya'...See note below..

vickiw: Not me, with boxes unpacked! Gave away, and threw away tons of stuff; however, if I can't handle the 12 stairs UP, the next move in 1 year wil see more stuff go far, far away! Partner acts dead - wonder why - I was a sergeant in Army/a slavedriver! New place is almost exactly like old one, only smaller in scale, no pool, postage stamp yards (not three huge ones)...and there's a community pool 1 block away for when grandkids come over, YEAH!

THE NOTE: You would not have believed the 3 men who moved us! They came with a 26' truck, looked at our stuff, said it would be two trips...then they started loading the 80 boxes. They were like sardines in front of truck; and they got EVERYTHING in it and helped us pack both our cars also. Took 5.5 hrs from one door, 30 miles away to next and fully unpacked! One guy was as big as Shaq O'Neil, I am not kidding you!

They hauled every box into the correct room and set up the beds and TVs, washer and dryer and frig in garage.

NOT ONE SINGLE GLASS or anything else was broken, and nothing was wrapped in papers! Man, I tipped them $120! The whole company cost was only $464...boy, did they like us, and we them!

It is Tues., the cable and webtv's on; phones Wed., and closing on our house sale Thurs! I am so glad to be out from under home ownership, the high taxes and insurance, the repairs, I'll just call the landlord, LOL!

Sat. nite dinner was junk food, Sun. was junk food, Mon. was something different, more junk food...there are about 20 places to eat within 1 mile, LOL. Today I cooked green salsa crockpot chicken breasts with zucchini squash. (Decided I needed something green this week!)

I can't believe I'm still walkin and talkin, and you know what I attribute it to? VIT. D!!! Yup, I started taking 1200mg a day about 1 month ago, and you know what? I've been getting stronger each week. Yes, I may crash and need extra rest soon, but I can't tell you how much better I've been feeling with it. A general all-around strength I haven't felt in years.

Thanks, all, for your strength added to mine; it has meant so much to me.

Will look at some postings now; here and on CFS board, so catch ya later!

Love you muchly