Moving to another town after 36 years here Pray for Strength

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, May 20, 2008.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Well, we are moving. The house is full of boxes and more to be packed today and the rest of the week. This Sunday my husband will drive our 5th wheel over to the new area (4 1/2 hours from here) and I will follow in the car with Felix, my darling furbaby.

DH will come back and deal with the movers, etc. and I will be there to find a washer/dryer, carpet cleaner, etc. Escrow closes on June 3rd. We can take possession then.

We have been talking about moving for 6 years...had many plans that didn't work out, but this did. Moving to a warmer, drier climate and I hope it will help.

Please remember me in your prayers and thoughts as I continue to pack, get ready. I have a doctor's appointment today as I think I have diverticulitus....I feel lousy and my left side, back, etc. hurts.

Many things to do.I will be on and off this board for a bit...need to get internet into new house, etc. but will be back sooner than you think. May have to go to an internet cafe if I get desperate.

You are all very dear....See you soon. Probably will be checking in the rest of this week, but don't know how often.

Take care, each of you!

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2008]
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I wish you all the best. I know it has been a hard year for you with the house building debocle. Everything happens for a reason, maybe the new house didn't work out because you were meant to move now. Good luck and let us know how you are-Carla
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, the new house thing was a disappointment, but we found a lovely place to buy...and we don't have to go through the stress of building.

I count you as a friend and thank you for your thoughts and good wishes.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Dear!

Wow,,,sounds like it's in full swing now this moving thing!,,,,I pray that you will get through this without to much Flaring!,,,,if you think down the road,,the warmer dryer climate will feel soooo good!,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope your Dr Visit goes well!,,,,

I'm glad your hubby is going to come back and deal with the movers!,,,,,,,Give Felix a Pet for me and i'll be thinking and praying for you!,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

If only each of us here could pack five boxes for you. Remember to lable carefully.

A move is a huge event in your life, and with you feeling poorly it will be difficult.

Wishing you could pack the FMS monster in a small box and toss it where it can't find you for years or never.

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hey Asa....

If you find a box that will hold FM, we could give them to everyone here...and we would be well. I'm sure going to try. I'll let you know how if it works. And yes! Label? Lable? I don't know which is right...aagh. Everything is very well marked...solved that problem.

Thanks Sis...Felix will love where we are going...a big backyard instead of our pocket size one. Lots of new things to sniff, explore. New places to hide...AAGH!

Back to the boxes.

Thank you both..

7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good luck on your move. I know how rough that is with so much to do especially after living there for such a long time. How far away will you be going?

Hope the move works out well for you both and that the climate will also help you.

Blessings and hugs,

8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

We are moving about 4 hours east of here...from the coast to the valley....

Very excited, but feeling overwhelmed. It will be OK because I will do what I can. Right now, I got one more box packed and I'm done for now.

Hope the doc has something to help me today.

Again, are a great person.

9. bct

bct Active Member

I'm going to be left all alone here in Humboldt when you move! I'm glad you found a place you like though, and trust you will keep us informed. Sorry about your possible divertic. I get it, and it is a real pain.

Talk to you later, don't over-do it.

10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You will be the lone person in Humboldt! But, I'm sure you'll keep the county in line!

Yes, we are pleased to be moving...going to Chico so not too far away. We have friends and children/grandchildren here and in Chico. We have wanted to move to a warmer place, and I'm hoping some of my pain might just diminish in the warmth. We'll see.

But, this place hasn't seen the last of us. We will be back and forth this summer and of course, over to see grandkids now and then!

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm doing easy things today until I see doc...feel really lousy right now. That's the way it goes, eh?

Best wishes to you.

11. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

It must be difficult to make such a huge move, I wish you all the best.

12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Take care of yourself as much as possilbe as you start this new journey in your life. Hope you get the desired result of better health in your new home.
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you for your kind wishes. I, too, hope the drier climate helps somewhat. One great thing, though, is we bought a one level house. No more stairs. Hooray.

We will have a bigger yard, also, so I am happy about that. My DH is hyper and always needs things to he'll have plenty of puttering room. My furbaby Felix will also love all the space in the yard.

Hope this week is going well for both of you.

14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you both for your prayer support. I am surly going to need it. I'm just glad that my moving won't stop the ability to talk to all of you.

Dear Nancy...

I know what you mean about sometimes wanting to just throw it up...but people like you make this a safe, warm place to be. We all take breaks from time to more lurking than posting, but seems most really neat people always return. I'm glad you made that decision to stay and play! (-:

Keep you updated on the progress. Boixes everywhere, kitchen counter high with things...ah, moving.

15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...may the roof above your new home never fall in and the people below it never fall out..... (Irish proverb)

I recall you talking about needing to move. Have aa safe one. We moved about four hours away from our od home, but now I am wondering if we should have moved SOUTH not NORTh as I am cold......

Love Annie
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Love the Irish 1/4 Irish.

When did you move? We are definitely getting a change of climate...we'll see how the old bones and joints react to warmth. Just have to stay out of the direct sun and wear plenty of sun screen.

You know the Irish redhead complexion. Didn't get the red hair, but got the complexion.

Hope your new place becomes a real pleasure to live in...sometimes it takes time.

17. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Just wanted to say I wish you the very best with your move and a warmer climate. Stay well, and keep in touch.

18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will definitely stay in touch with you and everyone on Pro Health message boards. It is the best board I've ever participated on and would be very bereft if this weren't available.

Pro Health has done us a tremendous service running this board. I hope they know how much we appreciate their efforts.

Thanks, again. Will be in touch!

Hope you are well and life is going along swimmingly right now.

19. jole

jole Member

Wow, what an endeavor. It would take me forever just to decide what to get rid of and what to keep even before I could start packing! LOL

It has to be sooo hard to do with little energy and the pain besides. Wish you had help, but sometimes that turns into more of a hindrance than a help, doesn't it?

It's a good thing that your hubby has the energy you lack... my bil is that way, and my sister loves it. He helps her with everything!

Wishing you good luck, and hoping you can enjoy your new house and have fun decorating and making it a home.
  20. fivesue

fivesue New Member's a toughie right now. I do have an infection, taking Cipro, drinking clear fluids and hurting. Must take another pain pill and hit the heating pad again until some relief comes.

I have been packing and weeding through things for over a year, actually, so it isn't as overwhelming as if nothing had been done.

But, getting sick when I need all the endurance I have is a real bummer.

I am eager to move even though it will be tough. A new adventure for it.