Moving to Louisville , KY, anyone know a good doctor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suzan, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I will have about 30 days of my meds to take with me, but in that time I am going to have to find a doctor. Of course, I am concerned about pain relief at the top of the list. My doctor in WI has been great about making sure that I have as little pain as possible. He and I have worked together well to find what works for me and what is acceptable to us both. It freaks me out to think about starting over with this whole process.

Then reading the thread about "don't tell your doctor you have fibro"...GEEZ! I have been diagnosed for 3 years..by two doctors...Hard to think about going into to someone's office and saying...boy I don't know what is wrong..but I have pain..and I get worn out. And this has been going on for years!LOL Wouldn't he /she wonder why I hadn't been to a doctor before this???

Anyway....It sure would be great to get the name of a good doctor!
    Thanks!
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

3. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi Suzan,

I see no one has answered you yet. I asked this about the ft Knox area, since my job may be moving there in a few years.

I hope you get a response and sorry I can't offer any help.

Kendra
  4. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

The university of Louisville has a medical school. The dept. of medicine has a division of Internal medicine and a division of rheumatology. Call the practice site and ask if any of their internists see FM patients and go from there. Also can call the local artheritis foundation and ask them for the name of a doctor that treats FM.

Good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Paula
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Protienlady, that is a good path to take, I will keep that in my "doctor arsenal". Hopefully there is someone that "gets it".

Kendra-Good luck on your move...we will be Neighbors!

Lindy, I will check here as well, I was just hoping to get lucky and have someone speak up and say "Doctor S0 and so is just terrific to work with!

So, I am thinking about getting a copy of my chart before I go..to see what my doctor has really written about me...BEFORE I just let him send it to the new doctor...
    I am excited about the relocation..but moving sure is a headache!