Mr Boo is distraught

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Didoe, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Mr. Boo is beside himself for the last hour.
    We were sitting here quietly having an after dinner chat and suddenly a millipede (?) one of those thousand leg bugs came whizzing by on the rug.

Mr. Boo jumped up and I remembered reading something that they can sting or bite and I got so scared he would bite Boo I also joined in the chase but he slithered off and we can't find him.

Mr. Boo is pacing, sniffing, circling and keeps waiting for another bug to show up. We dont have roaches or other bugs, except lady bugs, its really weird but I find lady bugs inside the apt and I dont have plants and the screens are new....this poor puddycat, he's such a fat furry warrior rushing to slaughter a bug and protect our little hero.
  2. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I have a beautiful flame point siamese whom I rescued after I'm sure the neighbor abandoned her. And while she is declawed, I think he let her run. She howls to get out all of the time, that little strumpet. She'll swish that tail like she's looking for action. She gets very irriated when I tell her she's too pretty to get involved with alley cats or end up as road kill.

She did manage to escape today but my dad got her before she went too far. I think when she finally got out she thought "uh-oh, what now!" *L*. We also have a neurotic co-cker spaniel who thinks she's a cat so we don't have any issues there.

I wasn't planning on any more cats after I got divorced, but when my son found this one roaming and we couldn't find an owner, well I had already fallen in love with her. She's pretty independent BUT allows us to spoil her completely.

Cats are wonderful creatures.
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

How dare that big bad bug intrude into Mr. Boo's territory! It is so nice to know you have such good protection too.

So where is Mr. Boo too???? Wasnt he coming home this week? I can not wait to hear what that day will be like!!!

Give Mr. Boo a tickle for me.

4. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I got so excited when you described your 'strumpet' siamese swishing her tail, listen Mr. Boo is around 11 months and all boy but he swishes and sways when he is leading me from one room to another; and he insists on going first, me following. Even if he ahs to race ahead, he goes first. Like what is that? Is that alpha male stuff?
    I never saw anything like it, his tail is high and his ears too and as he passes each wall he swipes it with his tail, waggin his furry little butt this way and that like he's in a parade and leading the way...and this is just for a dish of liver..geeez

maybe she's not a strumpet after all?

Mr. Boo caught a HUGE mosquito in the kitchen. I dont know how stupid this mosquito was, but he was about an inch long and Boo jumped and swatted until he knocked him out.
    When I realized it was a bug capture, Boo had already taken it in his mouth and carried it to me and dropped it, still wiggling, on the rug in front of me. He looked at me, at bug, me, at bug and wanted to eat it, but when I said No Boo, and Wait, he waited until I came with a tissue. Then he panicked as I rubbed it up and he realized it was going away with the we made a big fuss and sang a bug song about how Mr. Boo caught the bug and what a big boy he is and how moronic his mommy has become singing about cats and bugs.
    2nd time in one night he lost his bug snack...he's all stirred up and on the prowl...

Boo Too comes early next week, I spent the day kitten proofing, moving furniture so he can't get under or stuck behind Boo did when he disappeared for hours behind the refrigerator.

I can't decide what to do about litter boxes. Vet told me they can both use same box as long as it big and 2-3 inches of grit. I say each man gets his own box to cwap in and I change grit weekly, apt is too small for anything else. So Boo's box is moved into the kitchen in a corner and Boo Too is supposed to be in bathroom for 3-4 days until he knows for sure what to do. Problem is I dont want to keep Mr. Boo in the kitchen but bathroom is too small for 2 separate boxs.
    I think I'll move and give them both the apt, its perfect for 2 cats.
  5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I don't have much experience with millipede's, but I am a little creeped out by ladybug's now. And I may have the answer to how the ladybugs got in the house. Do you keep any medicine on hand?

At least a year ago, I had a teeny tiny little plastic container that tooth filling repair putty came in. It was less than an inch tall. It was empty, and too cute to discard, so I cleaned it out and put a few of my pain pills in it to keep in my purse. It had a nice tight lid to keep them fresh.

I forgot about it until recently when I was going through an old purse I don't use anymore, and came across it. I opened it up, and there were the two pills, and a ladybug..... a LIVE ladybug! It flew away - pain free I assume.

So how did the bug get in there, and how did it stay alive all this time?

Next time a small child asks you, "Where do ladybugs come from?" just tell them, "You put a girl and a boy pill together in a small room by themselves, turn off the lights, and in 9 months or so, you will have a bug!"
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Not sure why LOL. And I thought some of my posts were bizarre!

Oh, I'm sure the two boo's will decide everything for you didoe. yourverytrulymad scientist, bill

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
  7. Didoe

Didoe New Member

my speciality

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

says Mr. Boo.

Mr Boo is quite distraught,
    Over a critter he hasn't caught.

Bring back that leggy millipede,
    And Mr Boo will do a great deed.

Like the Batman Show:

I think it knows
    who the boss is now

...says Mr Boo.

And so do we.

9. Didoe

Didoe New Member

you're a prince
    if i were young, beautiful and worthy
    i'd propose
  10. Didoe

Didoe New Member

Persistence least for pussycats
    Mr. Boo was pacing all over the living room close to midnight...he must of sensed something moving or smelled the bug. I dont know if bugs have a scent, I guess they do.

As he sat waiting in the middle of the living room rug, out of nowhere millipede reappeared trying to make its way back across the rug...we dont have wall to wall, i dont know why bug didnt move to the parquet and skitter to whereever he was trying to go. As soon as we saw him the 2 dummies jumped up again. Mr. Boo didnt want to listen to me this time LMAO, he had lost 2 bugs listening to me, so I quickly grabbed a dish towel and whacked him. Poor Boo looked at me like...why'ja hit the bug?
    Since it was still on the carpet he hovered over it trying to keep me away, I had to phyiscally move his head and tell him 'no Boo' but I let him smell it.

Our siamese used to catch moths...doesnt say much for our house, but moths we had. This cat had her own table and lamp with a bulb that was partially exposed. She sat for hours sunning herself, staring at the bulb that was 1-2 inches from her face. Every once in a while a moth would come around, flickering at the light. One lazy swat would bring it down. She kept the moth, not quite dead, tucked under her paw until she was ready to eat it. My mother used to say the protein was good for her.

That cat liked the big fat black flies that sometimes came banging at the kitchen screen, but my mother drew the line at moths.
  11. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

My mom has! This is one reason I have indoor cats. They attack shadows, laser beams, the occasional bug, AND toes.......
  12. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Texangal - Never a rat.. but my cat Skippy brought in a lot of mice over his life. He moved up to chipmunks, then squirrels, and even a young rabbit. Nothing like waking up in the morning and following a trail of tiny organs to a big mess of bloody death on the carpet under my dining room table. The worst was when he brought in live birds and let them go in the house.

Skippy definitely started small and worked up to the larger and more challenging prey. I once saw a deer run across the lawn. My first thought - "Wow, how beautiful!" My second thought - "Please don't let me find THAT under the table!"
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

I've never had a cat, as I'm terribly allergic to them, but have dogs and they like to 'hunt' bugs too lolol...

we have a cow pasture behind us...... so often get flies in the house. Our lab mix came in every AM just so she could patrol our eastern sliding glass doors as that's where the flies would end up overnight, I guess for the sun's warmth... was a major part of her day lol. She also 'retrieved' baby rabbits for us........ sigh........

Right now I have a spaniel mix who loves to catch the big flies... it's a major event if one of those gets in the house.

& our springer spaniel used to catch carpenter bees! (Only 1 sex stings, so most didn't, but you could always tell when they did - not that it stopped him tho!)

what WOULD we do without our 'babies'.......

14. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

We have a new bug here in NE PA called a stink-bug. They are like a roach and live in the crevices of your house. We had new windows installed and had to take the shutters down. They were living in the shutters last summer and a bunch of them flew into my house.

All winter long I was battling them. I would keep a light on in the bedroom while watching tv and they would see the light, so 1 - 4 a night would fly into the room and I would get them into a cup. If you squish them or alarm them, they stink!

One day my kitten was playing with one on the floor and put it into it's mouth, it was so funny, she jumped straight up about a foot off of the floor. It must've released it's smell into her mouth.

The newspaper said the bugs came from Asia on a ship.

My daughter had them living in a closet amongst clothes that were stored.

Anyway, I love cats, they keep the bugs down.

Cetipedes are the worst that creep me out! When my sister was stationed in Israel with her AF husband, she said the centipedes were that big that they would wrap around your ankle, most of the people wore sandles.

Yay for house-cats!
  15. greygodess

greygodess New Member

One night I heard my cat meowing very strangely. When I opened the utility room door there sat the cat with a whole live mouse in his mouth and just the tail sticking out, waving like the pendulum on a clock. I was both appalled and cracking up at the same time. Godbless
  16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Didoe,

This is all so funny ! I know when I was a kid my mom told me many times that our cat was always bringing dead mice, birds and such to her. It was a prize to her (MOM )figured out. The kitties of course think they are doing a great deed and saving the prey for their owners.

This was SOOOO long ago I do not remember it but probably happened while I was at school or something. If I remember he was both an indoor and outdoor cat and disappeared one day. He wa so pretty and a nice, and well behaved.

So, if you love your kitties and don't want them to disappear keep them inside I think. I think he was either killed (run over ) or taken by someone.

Mr Boo sounds hysterical !!! It is too funny !! I love his picture in your bio.

17. sues1

sues1 New Member

Lady Bugs scares our dog and she does not scare easily. Vet said that she probably was bitten by one and they do hurt.
    Also they do have their own odor (I guess all does?) and hs senses when one is in a room.
  18. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I picked up BooToo this afternoon and brought him a little soft toy present from Mr. Boo.
    BooToo fits inside two hands, weighs less than 3 lbs and his eyes are still blue.
    Mr. Boo is almost 12 lbs and couldn't believe what I brought home for him.
    I gave him the cat carrier and we sang about the new 'baby' kitty for Mr. Boo; he already knows the words BooToo because I've been having a running monologue w/myself so he gets used to hearing the name.

The baby gate separates the kitchen, so with everything carefully closed off and safe, this is BooToo's spot for a few days. He has a tiny litter box and the smallest dishes. I let Boo sit with the cat box for awhile as I set up the litter box and food. Then brought both of them into the kitchen and opened the cat carrier. Mr.Boo dived right in, sniff sniff. BooToo is tiny but tough. He finally came out gingerly, ate a little food, promptly slipped into his litter pan, tinkled a drop and turned to Mr. Boo and whacked him on top of the head.

And that's what they did for the next half hour, Boo whacked BooToo, BooToo whacked him back--mano e mano.

I'm sure BooToo is very tired, he was 'fixed' yesterday which may be why Mr. Boo had his nose glued back there. He plays with anything he's given and he's laying down by the gate. I took Mr.Boo to the other side, but the two of them are just sitting with each other.

I had to go back in to clean up and wash dishes, so I brought a chair by the gate so Mr. B can go in and out himself. Seems everytime he gets close he gets smacked upside the head for being sociable. And then he comes meowing to me...I guess it will all even out, so far no claws, just little smacks...I see Mr.B being very gentle because when he tackles me, he chews, bites and wraps himself around my arm, kicking full force until he feels relaxed...not sure if anyone will get any sleep tonight
  19. jmq

jmq New Member

So happy to hear you are a happy family of three! Your description of Mr Boo and Too are perfect. I felt like I was in the room watching it all.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face

20. mezombie

mezombie Member

This should be fun.

"He finally came out gingerly, ate a little food, promptly slipped into his litter pan, tinkled a drop and turned to Mr. Boo and whacked him on top of the head.

And that's what they did for the next half hour, Boo whacked BooToo, BooToo whacked him back--mano e mano."

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]