mrdad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jun 19, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Hi, I've finally arrived in Pacifica! Yay! Do you have any recommendations for fibro aware doctors in the area?

I am considering going to my cousin's doc, but she is in Redwood City and may not be accepting new patients.

So, any good fibro docs locally?

Thanks,
    Beth.
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Welcome to you and your family. Glad you arrived as planned and on time. Is it "soggy" down there in Spacifica?

It's beautiful here in the Mission Dist. No fog on Twin Peaks and the weather should be good for about five days at least!

I just pulled out my folder to find some Docs etc. in the Area for you.
    www.co-cure.org
    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/choandjewel/cfids/docs.htm
    Maybe you know how to download the long address above,I don't

Please start with these two sources and I will look thru
    my file for some others here in S.F. (I'll be back with them) OK??

Glad you are here!
    MRDAD
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Here we go-go!!
    Scott Anderson M.D. (415) 566-1000
    S.F. Preventive Med. Group
    345 West Portal S.F. Ca. 94127

Barbara Bishop M.D. (4l5) 550-0811
    1580 Valencia St. #201
    S.F. Ca. 94110

Lewell Breneman, M.D. (415) 677-0829
    500 Sutter St.#512 S.F. Ca. 94102

Daniel Dunphy P.A., (415) 566-1100
    345 West Portal, S.F. Ca. 94127

The 1st and last of these are in the same building!

Sorry Beth, I don't have any personal experience with any of them to suggest a choice.

Hope you are starting to get somewhat comfortable in your neew digs.

MRDAD
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

thanks for the good wishes and the assistance. I checked the Co-Cure site, and there is a doc in Palo Alto who looks promising, at least from the info provided. Palo Alto is a bit of a drive, though. So, I'll do more checking tomorrow.

It was absolutely gorgous in Pacifica today!!! Sunshine and blue skies, and to need a jacket in June! Lovely! It all depends on one's perspective, you know! After 20 years of desert living, with snow in the winter and 100+ degree summer temps, this is heavenly.

It's a dream come true for me, living here. I don't know how my achy body will handle the fog, but it's all a learning experience.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i live in the north bay...marin county...just over the golden gate...so i get the sun up here...

and we are in for a some hotter days ahead...i have a pool at the apt where i live...my poor ol' son has to play football in ths weather that stinks...

well i think mrdad said the party is at his house.lol

hugs

jodie
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

Hot? I lived in the Mojave Desert for 20 years! I LOVE this weather! (ok, I need to think like a 'local' now...) Summer temps there were often 100+. I'll take 80 any day!

I've been in Marin a few times, have a cousin in Novato. It's lovely there.

I feel so privileged to be a northern person now!

Peace,
    Beth.
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm glad you are already enjoying the weather down in SPA-cifica!! Yea, I'm sure you are not going to miss those HOT-HOT summers down South!! I spent 13 ys. in the North Valley in a Town that average P.M. daytime temp. was about 95 for about 3mos or more. DANTE got the inspiration for his literary work THE INFERNO after a summer there!

I see that Jodie has contacted you on this Post. When you told me you would be moving here, I suggested to her that since I am some what in between all the Parties would be ending up at my house! I told her I'd feel compelled now to go out an buy a vacuum. My place is one step above a Frat House!

Good luck on the Doc hunt will "talk" soon!
    MRDAD
  8. BethM

BethM New Member

I am looking forward to meeting Jodie and mrdad.

I'll be meeting the local veterinary office later today. My elderly lab mix dog opened up the tumor on his leg yesterday, when he fell while going up some concrete steps. Ah, life is interesting. I just took my morning pain meds, so I may survive!

Peace,
    beth
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i live in novato..my son plays varsity football for novato high and does track...

but it is much hotter here than pacifica...

but beats the mojave dessert for sure...

i go to go deal w/ssa crap...

jodie