MRI denied

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have had my MRI denied now twice by the insurance company. Has anyone else had that problem, and if so what did you end up doing?

I actually have a really good doctor that wants to check out everything to make sure they have not missed something and the darn insurance does not want to cooperate.

What should I do?????

2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Sometimes I just don't know. . .have you had your dr write a letter of explanation to the insurance company. He may want to let them know why the procedure is needed or why it was performed. You may want to submit one as well.

Good luck
    Kelly
  3. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Hi: When I first got sick almost 3yrs now the first thing my Dr did was have me get a MRI of my Brain to rule out MS, if you haven't had this done yet, there's a good reason for your Ins. Co. to pay for one. BTW I've had 2 others since then they were all fine.

take care,

gail
  4. lovstoshine

lovstoshine New Member

The pain clinic I go to tried to get an mri for me but ins. would not do it unless I did physical therapy again

Have already done it twice to no avail but more pain!!

But somehow my primary Dr. got it approved for the neck only though. She did have x-rays taken first.

I still want one done of my brain and my primary wants the triminal nerve looked at too - I probably didn't spell that right but she thinks I have trigminial neuralgia as well as the Fibro, CMP, and Chronic Fatigue

But so far she cannot get them to approve??? Is the insurance company telling you why they denied it??

They did for the pain clinic but I don't know why they won't do the brain and the nerve??

I myself am thinking I just need to call them and see what they need to get the others approved. Sorry I am not much help but I sure understand your frustration!!!!

Best of Luck,
    Jeanie