mri inconclusive and dr visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mary100, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

Well, I really like my dr. We actually had a 30 min appoitment yesterday :)

My MRI of my brain says I may have something (dilation/volume/artifact) around my opitc canal/nerve. Could be nothing, could be something. I see the neurolgist tomorrow (Fri). Bitting Nails.

He said this could explain my strange visual disturbances. Or,it could just be the fms. I also go my official FMS diagnosis, not just the probably, lets see how you are in 4 weeks diagnosis. He is definatly, 100% sure I have this yucky stuff.

I also brought him some literature and he photo copied it. I took that as a good sign that he is open to new ideas. He also wants me to contact my psyciatrist about changing my antidepressant and he gave me a script for pain, but only to use when really bad.

He said my MRI showed i don't have MS, so that is good, but I have all the symptoms, so he is leaving that one up to the neuro. Anyone have MS or MS symptoms?

Thanks!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

could you possibly have CFS and Fibro, that's what I have. Many of these illnesses including MS have overlapping symptoms.

That's good you have a doctor who is willing to learn and read, it makes a difference having one on your side.

Rosie
  3. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I mentioned CFS being the "same" as fms, and he kind of agreed but didn't agree, if youknow what i mean. I think I have both, but I don't know if it really matters if the dr does right now, you know? It will come in time. I am to see him again after the neuro.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

with the neurologist Mary.

Let us know how you get on.

Rosie
  5. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

I hope he can help with these headaches!
  6. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

bump
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2005]
  7. Mary100

Mary100 New Member