MRI is today and I am so sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Apr 13, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I'm scheduled for 1pm and I'm so scared. Woke up this morning sick. I'm so nausia and my throat hurts. The mri find out why my back has been so sore. I can't cancel the appointment . any suggestions?
  2. petsrme

petsrme Member

Daylight, I just now saw your post. I hope you did okay today with the mri. Let us know how you are feeling. It is so tough when you have to do something and you are so sick. I hope you are doing better Friday.
  3. daylight

daylight New Member

My doctors had two different orders. I didn't want to so ot twice so I had to reschedule for the 4/21.

My husband is getting worried again because my arms,hands,legs and feet have been feeling strange. Numb and tingling . My feet were cramping last night. And the shakes are back . Probably nerves. I told him that if the pain gets really bad I'll go to the hospital but as you know they only want to see you there if your dying or about to. Hospitals (er) doctors only like to see patients if they give them some bloody drama.

Last year I came to the ER with the same trouble and all the did was give me a pain shot and told me that the computers were down and to call my GP on Monday. I don't want to tell my husband that I afraid to go in because I don't think that they will take me seriously. Even though my back is visably swollen.

The irony in all this is that my 41 birthday is this Sunday and its Easter. We can't do anything because we ahve no money and a ton of bills. My STD check hasen't come in yet. And my husband will only be getting paid for two days of last week because of the rain.

Sorry feeling my just having a little pity party here.

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

If you can in any way try to keep the MRI appointments. I just had an MRI on my upper back. They found (after 9 years of telling me it's just fibromyalgia) 2 herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, and possible spinal stenosis. They are talking surgery.

I kept begging for an mri and they would tell me no. I am getting a lawyer, because they have caused me to suffer and cause more damage to my back do to their negligence.

Have you had an MRI before?
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

Last year I had one for my sinusis. They did surgery to remove my turbines,straighten my nose and scrape my sinus cavities. It was very scary to be in the tube for so long. Now they are telling me that I'll have to sit it there for an hour and a half fot this one.
  6. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I was in for over an hour. I had someone drive me there. You can ask for a tranquilizer or 2. I took one an hour before I left for the hospital and 1 about a half hour before I went in. I also took a vicodin. If you have any pain medicine it helps when laying there that long.

I also keep my eyes closed the whole time. I'm afraid I will freak out if I open them. I also keep counting backwards from a 100 then start over. It keeps my mind thinking about something else.

What area of the back are they doing the MRI?
  7. daylight

daylight New Member

There check my lumbar,throcac,cervical
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

If you sleep with a sleep mask, wear it in the MRI.

Do you have a 'Walk Man' or similar device? If so take it and your favorite relaxing/refreshing tape.
  9. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have had similar symptoms to the ones you have now..I had to go to ER with numbness down one side, headache, weakness in 1 side and shaking and feeling like I was going to pass out. They did loads of tests and ct scan which was clear...back over to gp.

Unfortuantely all of those symptoms have worsened for me, numbness and tingling happens everyday in both sides, feel dizzy and sick and tremors shakes etc...also high heart rate.

I know it is scary and dont know what else to say just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your symptoms..I had mri about 2 years ago and I hate small spaces, i kept my eyes closed the whole time...they do give you a button to press if you panic that will bring you out, if they offer you something to stay calm I would take it...and as you have to try to stay still if you are like me and jerking and moving all the time I guess they will anyway.