MRI on neck today to see about cause of headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Nov 1, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

As some may know, I have a headache 99% of my days for the last 3 years. I took quite a tumble on a quad (four wheel off road motorcycle) 3 years ago w/my little boy. We were going slow to watch some racing (this is before FM when I could do such things). I was not wearing a helmet because we just cruised over to watch. When we left my son said "go up the hill mom". He was in full gear, helmet etc. So I cruised up and when we came down my baseball hat came off.

When it did, I turned my head back and when I did that I turned the handle bars and the bike flipped. I rolled w/my son curled in my arms to protect him taking the whole fall with my head, neck and shoulders. Since then I've suffered headaches. They did an MRI on my brain in the ER in 2003 and found nothing but nobody (including myself) ever thought to do the neck. I told the neurologist about the accident as well as all docs since then.

Well last month (october) I had to take 39 Zomig (migraine med) for headaches. This is not acceptable in my eyes. I had a routine visit w/Orthopedic doc for my herniated disc and he immediately did an Xray on neck and found a small bulging so ordered the MRI.

I've had one on my back earlier this year and had to be sedated because my legs jump when I'm still plus it is excruciating for me to lay on my back. We'll see how today goes. I'm going to ask them to strap my legs down.

Wish me luck.

Shawn
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to wish you luck and sending prayers up for good news!!

Hope all turns out well!!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

There is nothing worse than not knowing how to treat the problem because you do not know what is causing it. I hope they will be able to help you.

You are in my thoughts. Good luck.

Kelly
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

I had fusion of C456 in 2003 with no problems whatso ever. I had the surgery in Dallas with Dr. Bill Hudgins. I went home the next afternoon. No problems at all.
    I was hoping it would stop my headaches. All it did was stop my neckaches! I have some nasty bone spurs elsewhere on my spine and degenerative disc disease thoracic and lower.
    I am thinking of going to a pain management doctor to improve my quality of life. I had a headache come and go for the last five days. Treating it with Relpax and Indomethecin.