MRI results negative--the knee is another story

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Nov 26, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I assumed they would be when I really got honest with myself. It is just probably silent migranes. i have been diagnosed with hemiplegic migranes in the past.

As far as my knee--I have to go to Duke University for a 2nd opinion about repairing my ACL--the instability is hindering my recovery but due to fibro and arthritis my doctor is very hesitant to do the surgery to repair it due to my low pain tolerance and fibro--he says i could expect a year of painful recovery.'he is talking things like nerve blocks to assist pain tolerance and 4xs the pain i went through with meniscus removal.

My PT says that it is not a lack of strength but stability that is hindering me from healing properly. The grade II tear in my ACL is the problem. Still have a lot of pain and swelling and am unable to stand on it for any period of time.

More to be revealed--------I am tired, so tired and drained. I saw someones' post about how they were lucky to be able to work fulltime and not have a lot of trouble since being diagnosed with fibro--I remember when and how I miss those dayswhen just exercising and doing the right thing was enough.

These days at times it feels so dark. I feel useless. I miss doing what i love for a living. I am grieving yet another part of my body giving out on me.

It is funny though i have some deep sense of acceptance i have not felt before in between the anger and frustration. Hopefully that feeling will grow and take over aventually. I can only hope

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I assumed they would be when I really got honest with myself. It is just probably silent migranes. i have been diagnosed with hemiplegic migranes in the past.

As far as my knee--I have to go to Duke University for a 2nd opinion about repairing my ACL--the instability is hindering my recovery but due to fibro and arthritis my doctor is very hesitant to do the surgery to repair it due to my low pain tolerance and fibro--he says i could expect a year of painful recovery.'he is talking things like nerve blocks to assist pain tolerance and 4xs the pain i went through with meniscus removal.

My PT says that it is not a lack of strength but stability that is hindering me from healing properly. The grade II tear in my ACL is the problem. Still have a lot of pain and swelling and am unable to stand on it for any period of time.

More to be revealed--------I am tired, so tired and drained. I saw someones' post about how they were lucky to be able to work fulltime and not have a lot of trouble since being diagnosed with fibro--I remember when and how I miss those dayswhen just exercising and doing the right thing was enough.

These days at times it feels so dark. I feel useless. I miss doing what i love for a living. I am grieving yet another part of my body giving out on me.

It is funny though i have some deep sense of acceptance i have not felt before in between the anger and frustration. Hopefully that feeling will grow and take over aventually. I can only hope

cathy
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Well at least you don't have MS to contend with. I'm sorry to hear about the other. Just take things one step at a time. You have come a long way in accepting your illness and your limitations in the past few months. It doesn't all happen overnight, even thouogh we would like it to.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Barbara