MRI was normal - Heart test showed something

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Danielle, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Hello,

My MRI of my head was normal except there was a small problem in my ear. The doc also did a holter monitor test for my heart. Seems it speeds up at times, and when I was sleeping it was unusually slow. I will probably ask for a sleep study. It could be a sign of sleep apnea.

They said it was normal but several things can cause this. Including thickened blood and possible blood clots or strokes. My mom was recently diagnosed as having a slight stroke. So they run in the family.

I was curious if they would find lesions on the brain but all was normal. No alzheimer's either (this is in the family too). They don't seem too concerned over the heart thing. But then a gain they really never take things too seriously when it comes to fibro.

I'm going back in a couple weeks to discuss all of this plus my pain management. I just made an appointment because I don't like the fact that my heart speeds and slows down. I would like them to look further into it.

Danielle
  2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I'm not sure how they would test for thickened blood. I'm sure there is a test out there. I think I may start taking a baby aspirin a day. That's what my mom takes.

It's just the fact that they didn't even call to have me come back in. I have to be my own doctor it seems like. I usually end up telling them what I think they should test for. It's amazing. But that's Kaiser for you.

At least I have doctors now that are willing to do the tests when I ask for them.

Danielle