Mrs. J.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheri, Nov 13, 2002.

1. sheri

sheri New Member

Hi; I am new and took me a while to get signed in. This is in response to Kadywill. I had 3 Laminectomies almost 10 years ago. Of course, surgery was required(I was in a car accident) but the discs although they hurt badly, and I kept working on my feet all day teaching, finally brought me to my knees. By the time of surgery, I had bone that had migrated up and down the surgery was pretty extensive. I did go to a couple of dr.s but they wanted to do therapy, etc...anyway, the point I am trying to make is that an MRI most likely is in order, because an x-ray did not show any damage to my back, but the MRI showed a mess! I was still in so much pain even after surgery and therapy! FINALLY, at my husbands insistence,(he even bought me a gift) so Iwould go to a chiropractor. My left hip was riding high on a bone and he slammed it in place, so I never went back to him, though it did help, for a while. I would insert that at one time I had worked for Orthopeadic surgeons and they were adamently against Chiropractors, so you can see my reluctance at going. I opened my own business with the goal of having my salon open 6 years, of course, I kept getting more and more ill. However, one of my clients was new in town and was a chiropractor and she won my confindence and enabled me to almost meet my goal of keeping my salon 6 years. Finally, due mostly to taking care of my poor mom (who had alzheimers) and my dear sis who lost her husband and needed help, and working, my md suggested disability. Disability people sent me to one of their Dr.s. He took my left leg and rotated it in a circle, thought I would ...well, I think I was in shock. By the time I got home, my pain was similar to what you have explained in your message. I have also developed drop foot and degenerative disc disease. I did try to hang in there as long as I could, because I have always been a worker. My discs were L3/4 L4/5 and s/1. Your pain sounds like s/1, that is the one the disability doc injured during his exam and I had to go to my chriro to have it "fixed". Long story, sorry, just wanted you to have your problem looked at and hope you don't have to go this long route.. God Bless
  2. sheri

sheri New Member

Hi; I am new and took me a while to get signed in. This is in response to Kadywill. I had 3 Laminectomies almost 10 years ago. Of course, surgery was required(I was in a car accident) but the discs although they hurt badly, and I kept working on my feet all day teaching, finally brought me to my knees. By the time of surgery, I had bone that had migrated up and down the surgery was pretty extensive. I did go to a couple of dr.s but they wanted to do therapy, etc...anyway, the point I am trying to make is that an MRI most likely is in order, because an x-ray did not show any damage to my back, but the MRI showed a mess! I was still in so much pain even after surgery and therapy! FINALLY, at my husbands insistence,(he even bought me a gift) so Iwould go to a chiropractor. My left hip was riding high on a bone and he slammed it in place, so I never went back to him, though it did help, for a while. I would insert that at one time I had worked for Orthopeadic surgeons and they were adamently against Chiropractors, so you can see my reluctance at going. I opened my own business with the goal of having my salon open 6 years, of course, I kept getting more and more ill. However, one of my clients was new in town and was a chiropractor and she won my confindence and enabled me to almost meet my goal of keeping my salon 6 years. Finally, due mostly to taking care of my poor mom (who had alzheimers) and my dear sis who lost her husband and needed help, and working, my md suggested disability. Disability people sent me to one of their Dr.s. He took my left leg and rotated it in a circle, thought I would ...well, I think I was in shock. By the time I got home, my pain was similar to what you have explained in your message. I have also developed drop foot and degenerative disc disease. I did try to hang in there as long as I could, because I have always been a worker. My discs were L3/4 L4/5 and s/1. Your pain sounds like s/1, that is the one the disability doc injured during his exam and I had to go to my chriro to have it "fixed". Long story, sorry, just wanted you to have your problem looked at and hope you don't have to go this long route.. God Bless
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Thank you for this post~~I'm flattered that you would do this!
    How horrible for you! I don't know how you survived all this! What a woman!
    The MRI my doc ordered is a non-contrast L-spine. My worry is that I'll have this expensive test and nothing will show up! I KNOW the pain is horrendous and I want something to be there~~~does that sound stupid??? I just HATE to be disbelieved!
    I am so sorry you've had to endure all of this, but I'm glad to have made a new friend!
    Thank you. I'll keep you informed!
    Love,
    Kady
  4. sheri

sheri New Member

hI, I was so embarassed that I just put Mrs. J. in the wrong spot and I didn't know what I was doing-how did you find me? I was going to go into this tonight and try to edit it to you. I know that MRI's are so expensive, I recently had one of my brain(yes, I do have one, in spite of my goofs(smile). The only thing is, it gives you some peace of mind. And I pray that they don't find anything that is big and bad. When I had my surgery, the nurse that was prepping me for surgery, was wearing a metal corset because she needed back surgery and wouldn't have it. I wonder if it was because she had seen so many...My son-in-law also needs back surgery and is a nurse and is doing back injections to try to avoid it. I do believe if you can get by at all without it and be in no or minimal pain that it is best to avoid invasive procedures.
    Glad you found me, and I found you too, love and Blessings to you. Sheri