MRS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grovydol, Mar 15, 2006.

1. grovydol

grovydol New Member

HAVE HAD FIBROMYALGIA 10 YEARS AND BEEN ON AMITRIPTYLINE FOT HE SAME LENGHT OF TIME. nOW BEEN DIAGNOSED AS HAVING GLAUCOMA (AS IF I HAVENT GOT ENOUGH PROBLEMS!!!)AND CAN NO LONGER TAKE THE AMI!! HAS ANYONE GOT ANY ALTERNATIVES TO OFFER??? MANY THANX
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I hope that your doctors will have some alternatives for you! I have no experience with glaucoma and meds.

Glad you dropped in to our group...lots of info here and lots of support and fun.

Hope you find an answer.

Welcome, again.

Sue
  3. grovydol

grovydol New Member

TA FOR REPLYING PRICKLES IS THAT LICENSED IN UK AS I HAVENT HEARD OF 5TP ST JOHNS AND SELENIUM I HAVE OF COURSE ALTHOU I DONT TAKE AMI FOR DEPRESSION MORE TO HELP ME SLEEP TAKE CARE
  4. grovydol

grovydol New Member

CHEERS SUEFIVE IM SURE SOMETHING WILL SORT ITSELF OUT!!!! ILL KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SITE TAKE CARE
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

welcome to the board. i am from the uk too and am currently on amitriptyine.
    many of us here are using anti-ds for help with sleep so we all understand.
    your dr should be able to help you work through this to find a new med. st johns wort i believe is an openly available medicine, i think you can get it from the health centre but like all supplements only take it under the advice of your gp just incase it isnt compatable with any current or future medications.

my gp wrote this out for me - now bear with me it is drs writing after all! :)
    FIBROMYALGIA- seems to be all to do with the pain 'gate' at the base of the brain. the tissues are healthy but the pain recieved from them is excessive - unreasonable - and ofton misunderstood.
    we can use amitriptyline first then possibly gabapentin with a weak opiod like buprenorphine.

so based on what my gp wrote maybe the second drug may be worth a shot. im not sure i got the spelling right as its a scrawl but in brackets after it is neupontin - i think :)
    i am no longer on morphine and now take tramadol which is a synthetic opiod.

again welcome to the board. can we please ask you not to write your posts in all caps as it make them very hard to read. cheers,smiffy xx
  6. grovydol

grovydol New Member

thanking you for the reply will ask dr for advice unfortunately not the most helpful and its my second dr change so ill just have to stick with it!!!!! thanks for the tip about capitols diddnt realise!!!1