MS

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mtmetts, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mtmetts

mtmetts New Member

I was diagnosed with MS about 10 yrs ago-my evp was abnormal-I stagger I trip over my own feet-at one time i lost alot of weight I have trouble with my bladder-usually it takes about 5 mins or so to start urinating-my bladder will not empty-I very often wet the bed and the other thing too-if I'm not right at the bathroom I can not hold it alot of times I don't realize I've gone to the bathroom in my clothes either asleep or not.I'm 57 and a female-abnormal brain scans-leisons-I have osteo-bone dentisy bad-alot of back pain but my spinal tap was clear can this still be MS-also nerve damage to my eyes,they twitch alot too and I have tremors in my hand and legs-memory loss forget what I'm doing or what I was talking about.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

You have and are going through so much. I do not have MS, but we do have an MS board here that you might want to try and even just reading the posts might give you useful info.

Another avenue is through the local disability support groups. Many people with various ailments that are disabling come to those groups. It is a place to share and learn so much about others and how they manage in their lives. They also have speakers and you learn about the latest in equipment, in surgical breakthroughs and you come out of the meetings feeling positive. Also, it is a place where you can meet others that are kind and understanding.

Another suggestion is contacting the Independent Living Centers (ILC) near you. Here is a website to find the one near you. http://www.bcm.edu/ilru/html/publications/directory/state_list.html For anyone that doesn't know, an ILC is not a place where you live, but a place that offers help and many resources to disabled people of all ailments. Mtmetts, the ILC nearest to you may be able to give you the resources of local disabled support groups, local MS groups that meet near you, of any programs that you may be eligible for, and also they have fun activities that you might enjoy participating in. It's always worth checking out. Also, many ILCs have booklets that list many resources--see if you can get that and it is so worth having.

Good luck and hugs.