Msg for Jackie..planning to live alone after son leaves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bree~leigh, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bree~leigh

bree~leigh New Member

Great input on isolation issues,,Msg for Jackie 03/21/07 06:28 AM

Thank you to all who replied. I gleaned wisdom from each of you!

For Jackie, this situation must be so stressful. Are you currently on disability so you have income for your new residence?

Just a thought...I have often wondered about those of us that live alone and the potential benefit of finding others with our illness to live with for mutual support. I wonder, Jackie, after your son leaves if this may be a possiblity for you? Where do you live?

I may start a post to see if others have done this or thought about it, not just for Jackie, but for others who may be in the same situation.

I read another post on another board of a woman who had vision of several single women with CFIDS living together in a big house, pooling their resources and coping daily together.

My church has an informal network for single mothers struggling to make ends meet. They frequently find homes together to share resources. Sometimes it is temporary, but some have found great solace and support in living with someone "in the exact same boat" and it becomes long term.

Jackie, please post regularly on the status of your living situation so you gain support and ideas from our group. You do not have to do this alone.
  2. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

I live in Western NY...I am on disability but it is only 700 a month after my medicare premium is taken out. I work VERY part time, only 65 dollars a week. My son recieves survivor benefits of 784 a month from the death of his father, and this money stops when he graduates this June. This will be a hard hit for me, income cut in half. I am not able at this point to work any more/longer than I am now, it is torture on my body just doing this small part time job as it is. I would LOVE to be able to work fulltime...maybe someday. It is going to be very hard to find a place I can afford. I take it a day at a time. :) I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for caring, it brightens my day !!
    Jackie