msg for SUJAY- hypercoagulation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, Sep 20, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

You wrote to me awhile back about me possibly having hypercoagulation just from what you've read about me. Well I was supposed to get my MRI results and see Neuro on the 15th and he got into an accident and it is postponed indefinately... I really can't trust these other docs. The last one there dismissed me like i was a nut. This doc is the head of Neuro at Kaiser in Riverside... He really wanted to help me I think. Now i've got to wait while my whole family is worried of what is going on in my MRi's... I wanted to know if I could come to you to have you look at me? Could you help me Sujay? I'm at my wits end afterall it's been four years since onset of illness.
  2. sujay

sujay New Member

I'd be happy to help all I can, but I practice in Washington State. Jelly has a doc down in Southern California, and if you want to contact me at yahoo (mail4sujay) I'd be happy to see if I can get his address for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your doctor's accident, and I appreciate your anxiety about how this may affect you, but you should keep trying to find a doctor in your vicinity who'd be willing to work with you.

Best wishes,
    Sujay
  3. sujay

sujay New Member

You might also check with Hemex Labs in AZ to see if they can give you any names of clinicians in your area who use their services.

Good Luck,
    Sujay
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Hazygal, I have one suggestion. If you have already had your MRI you could still get the results from one of those unsympathetic doctors. They can't dispute the X-rays. And if I'm not mistaken, it's the radiologist who interprets the X-rays and sends his report along with them. That would at least relieve your mind about the results. Then you can go on from there (with your X-rays in hand) to a better doctor.

Sujay, if you are still there, how does hypercoagulation show up on an MRI??? I thought it was a blood test for fibrin. I'm waiting for results of mine now. I had an MRI several months ago, looking for MS, and I was told my MRI was "normal". But from my symptoms, I'm sure I have the hypercoagulation.

JoAnn
  5. sujay

sujay New Member

Sorry, it's MY brain that's hazy. Somehow I missed your post, but I'm afraid I may not be much help. Hypercoagulation may not show up at all on an MRI, or it may look like something in between, which doctors don't really know how to interpret. The ISAC Panel at Hemex Labs in AZ is the most sensitive test I know for picking up this problems. Let me know if you have any more questions, and good luck in your search for a cure!