MSM for FM pain, besides arthritis ??/Jam et al what do you think ??

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Granniluvsu, May 20, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

JAM and OTHERS,
    I have been hearing about MSM and I know that JAM takes it for her arthritis I think. How much do you take and is it just for arthritis? I read someplace where it is sometimes helpful for people with FM. I also have OA in my neck especially and lots of FM pain in back, shoulders etc. etc.

How much do you all take and has it been helpful and for what? I have been toying with buying some but not sure whether to get some just plain or mixed with other things. What are the strengths and how often do you take it? Love to hear from anyone using it.

Where is the Alternative Therapies on the new site? I don't think I have seen it or maybe I whizzed by it - duh !! Waiting to hear before I decide to order.

Blessings and soft hugz to awl,
    Granni
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I also take MSM for arthritis and pain reduction. I probably don't take as much as I should, but sometimes with the cost of things.... Well, you know how that can be. I take 1000 mgs daily. It has helped, along with the other things I take.

I take it plain with nothing else added in it.
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thank you Stick. That is probably what I am going to do but wanted to get some feedback from others.​

Hugz,​
    Granni​
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I take it for all my PAIN, FM and OA and everything else....pain....I take higher doses as someone on another RA board talked about it a while back and said he gets good results, so I think I'm getting 20,000 mg per day in my powder form in water.....that's about 20 grams give or take....this is higher dosing.

Granni, I would really take the Powder, it gets into one's system so much better and faster...start low say 1/2t in water three times per day and work up if needed....

I'm not saying everyone needs to take what I take, but that's what i take for me....