MSM ..... has anyone tried it for fibro or arthritis pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jan 19, 2009.

1. I know jaminhealth has had some success with it. I am wondering if anyone else has tried msm and has it helped? I am going to see if my library has the book The Miracle of msm or will buy it. Anyone?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I just got some after reading jamins post. was surprised to find out its the ingredient in all the high priced joint remedies out there.

this is way cheaper.
  3. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

I enjoyed reading what others had to say about MSM.

Take care... :)
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i am just starting it, kinda sour in water but didnt taste bad. its only been a couple days, but i'll keep ya posted on how i do.
  5. dannybex

dannybex Member

...but doesn't it interact with other minerals? It's basically sulphur, and too much sulphur can lower copper levels, from what I read at acu-cell. So if your copper levels are okay or high, then MSM might be good, but if your copper levels are low...then maybe not...? Or perhaps take a copper supplement at the opposite end of the day?

6. I am desperate for some relief and called and reserved the book about msm from the library . I can't wait to read it.
  7. loto

loto Member

Please explain what msm is.
  8. loto

loto Member

thanks jamin, i will.
  9. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

I first started taking MSM in the 90's and it's great stuff! I take the NOW brand, but haven't been able to afford it lately so I don't take as much as I should. I have arthritis as well.

I also take spriulina, Vit D, and acai berry juice. I just started the berry juice and I'm not sure about pain but it's removed any heartburn! A friend bought into it and has given me three bottles (I'm on the third one now). She's been drinking it for about a year now and says it's really helped with her aches and pains. It must because she's taking very little pain meds.
    Anyway, back to the MSM, it's been around for a while and it's great stuff. The only problem some have is if you start off with too high of a dose you might get an upset tummy.
    Take Care and hope it helps you!