MSM in Capsule

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 1, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

My husband's chirop. recommened me take MSM due to my sinus/allergies or whatever I suffer with . I went with my husband today for his visit and the chirop. was asking me questions
    about me, he thinks he can help. I told him I was soooooooo complicated but going to give him a try. Thats when he recommened MSM but it is a capsule form 1000 mg. Anyone tried the capsule if so any positive benefits?

I have taken so many things with no notice of any benefits. May give it try he also gave me samples of Phytonutrient its suppose to be a powerful antioxitant also to support healthy aging. Never heard of this one.

2. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I like MSM, but I've never been able to tolerate more than 500 mg/day oral in divided doses. I can use more in soaks.

Many people benefit from MSM, and most are OK with it, but some folks are not able to process the sulfur adequately & it can cause problems for them.

FWIW I usually advise folks starting MSM to go with 250 mg. at first, then build up -- back off if problems arise. Most caps can be opened up & dosed fractionally.

Of course, if you are pretty positive that you handle sulfur well, then just go for it.

As far as capsule vs. powder, there shouldn't be too much difference other than one's ability to digest the capsule.

Best wishes.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

For your info. I think I am going to try a small dose by taking the powder out of the capsule.. Med phobic me.. Now how long does it take this MSM to work or notice any difference?

Not sure about going to the chiorp. but he is going to see me free of charge because he feels he can help as he treats a lot of FM people. I told him even though I had been dx with Fm/CFS by a rheumy I doubted my dx so often.. Oh, well I have an appointment at 3 today so we shall see .

God Bless,
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I did keep my appointment with the chirop. He did some x-rays and a few neck movements.

He seems to think that my off balance, dizziness when lying down, etc. has something to do with my spine/neck at least I think that is what he said. He had me to lie flat on a table I told him I couldn't without getting vertigo when I sat up. He said he would help and I would be ok.
    I did it and I was ok.. This is rambling but I am suppose to see him again Fri. to go over the x-rays and see whats going on.

My insurance will pay so what do I have to lose? Feel it can't hurt and oh how I am praying it will help.

Thanks for your encouragement.