MSM Rocks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Dec 12, 2006.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

This supplement is amazing!! MSM Powder. I've been taking 2 tsp. per day and will be starting 3 tsp soon. My big lumps (especially legs) are dimenishing. My body is more relaxed, softer etc. The stiffness is lessening.
    Just want to mention the first week was rough. I was detoxing and headache and nausea. If you take it start slow.

[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2006]
  2. darude

darude New Member

What is MSM?
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Yes give it a try. I have a feeling it really helps with myofascial knots. Pain has always been my biggest problem.

Here's a brief online description:

"MSM detoxifies the body on a cellular level, and provides nourishment to the hair, skin, and nails. MSM helps relieve pain and inflammation, reduces allergy problems, and promotes gastrointestinal health. It boosts immune function and in some cases, has been beneficial for heartburn, arthritis, lung problems, migraines, and muscle pain. Some have reported that MSM has eliminated wrinkles, brown spots, skin tumors, and spider veins"

[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2006]
  4. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

Thanks for the info! I think I'll add that to my collection.
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have been using MSM to keep my allergies minimized for years. I learned about it when a veterinarian gave it to me for my horse. He said he used it for his allergies too. He prescribed a double ‘loading’ dose to start for the horse. I have not seen that mentioned on the product for people. Once it becomes effective, you could try reducing the dose and seeing if you continue to get the same results.

My hunch is you will need more that MSM to deal with myofascial knots. Do you have The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook or Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain? You might find one of those books helpful.
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Apparently MSM makes the cell more permeable for the nutrients and vitamins to get in and stops and eliminates the toxins.

I take way more then MSM, a whole suitcase full, but I've really notice the benefit of MSM and really helps my body, sleep, stiffness, candida etc.