Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 8, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

How many have tried MSM and what results have you had? The Chirop. told me it would help with my MCS/ Sinus/ Allergy problems along with the pain. I find this hard to believe.

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Guess I missed your post. Did the MSM help you with pain? I have tried many supplements and none have really helped. Do you have CFS/FM? We are all different. Yes, I believe in some and some not.

You have talked about the grapeseed extract, I think its great that you had such results. Well, I have tried it, still use it because I feel it may have some silent benefits but as far as my mcs/sinus/ allergy No it hasn't helped. That is one reason I was asking about the MSM for allergies etc.

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

There are days I feel like I have been poisoned . Just can't describe how horrible those days are with the body aches, anxiety, ears ringing 24/7 etc.. Is it MCS/ allergies/ sinus, who knows. It comes on suddenly and leaves me bed ridden for days. Doctos are clueless unless its the FM/CFS.

I have heard how MSM helps with arthritis etc. but haven't heard anyone comment about allergies/sinuses / mcs etc..

God Bless,
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I tried it and found that it helped a ton with pain; however, it gave me many other really bad side effects, and I constantly felt completely drugged to the point I could not do ANYthing. Many people with ME/CFS have problems processing sulfur, and cannot take MSM for that reason, and I turned out to be one of them. If you do try it, start with a tiny, tiny amt and see how you respond beofre gradually increasing it.

As to allergies and sinus issues, the thing that has helped me with this is taking a ton of Vit C. I used to have severe sinus problems and the Dr was recommending surgery, bc nothing else had worked. I started taking Vit C, and got rid of the sinus issues. After awhile I tried to cut back on the Vit C and the sinus problems started to come back; resumed the Vit C and sinus issues left again......that was about 15 yrs ago and since then I have tried on a few different occasions to back off the Vit C and cannot do it without the sinus issues, but as long as I stay on it, no sinus problems at all. I currently take 12 grams (not mg) a day of vit c, but if you decide to try this, don't jump to that high a dose immediately, bc it takes your stomach a bit of time to adjust to it.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

The Vitamin C Foundation swears by high doses of Vitamin C for sinus problems. I started taking it but never did get to high enough doses to really notice any difference. Glad to hear that it worked for you.
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks a bunch. Seems we are doomed if we do and doomed if we don't. I have started the MSM in a small dose will slowly increase. I take 500 mg of vit. C but guess that isn't enough . How many mg in 12 grams?? Maybe I can figure that one out. lol

Thanks and God Bless,
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

p.s. Did I figure right are you taking 12,000 mg. of vit. C ?? If so I sure do need to increase.