MSN Homepage: Turmeric Effective in Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, May 31, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

This is a great story . Curry , or turmeric , cuts amyloid plaques ( the amount or number ) in half , protecting the brain. It also has antibiotic properties and is a powerful antioxidant that helps brain cells communicate with one another .

Turmeric ( curry ) is also being used in cancer treatment by MD Anderson in Houston. ( This can be found in another story via google about its effectiveness on tumors ) .

The incidents of alzheimers in India is much lower than other countries . Turmeric in the diet may account for this . Very encouraging!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I could do with some of this on a bad brain fog day!

Thanks for info.

Sue
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I take Turmeric daily to keep my Epstein Barr in remission. I also gave it to my girlfriends' son to get rid of his warts. (Gone in 3 days, when doc was treating them for 6 months)I also give it to my son to help with inflammation from sports injuries. Great stuff. I seem to crave it.
  4. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Ellie,

How do you use it for warts? My daughter has tried so amny things for warts on her feet.

Thanks!
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Well, I had NEVER read that it would help warts. But, I had been prescribed it by my doc to keep my Epstein Barr (MONO) in remission. That is a Herpes Virus. So, when my girlfriend and her family came to vacation with us last year, she was talking about her sons' warts, doctor using this and that, blah, blah, blah. So I thought, yeah warts are pretty persistent, but so is a Herpes Virus. If Turmeric can put Herpes Virus in remission, I bet it could the virus that causes warts.

I had her son take 1 capsule, 3 times a day. The warts (plural!) were gone in 3 days. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. But 6 months of other treatments failed to get rid of his warts.
  6. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Thank you. I am going to give it a try.
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

Would you report back and let me know if it worked for you? I am really curious to know if it was coincidence or cure. Good luck
  8. lea

lea Member

How much do you take daily?
    thank you
    best,
    lea
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

When I suspect I may be viral, which is RARELY, if ever, I will bump up to 1 capsule 3 times a day. But, I often go months and take none, then cycle in with 1 a day. I've been taking one a day for 2 weeks, only because I have been going into that bag for other stuff daily.

So say tomorrow I was up feeling viral, fluey, I would start 1 capsule 3 times a day, and in about 1 or 2 days, poof, all gone. It's also good for inflammation so you can use it for that too.

Lysine works much the same way, and is especially good for Herpes virus that cause Canker sores, or Cytomegalovirus. I have no idea how either of these might work for genital herpes, but my guess is it might put in in remission.
  10. jane32

jane32 New Member

are you suppose to take it with food? I bought some and have yet to try it but have been feelign pretty bad so I figured I might as well. I picked two caps up and it dyed my hands!
  11. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that it's beneficial for gall bladder as a preventitive to forming stones. I've been taking it off and on this year, since my MIL had a gall bladder attack that landed her in the hospital. She won't take the capsules, though- she's a bit afraid of anything her doctor didn't recommend. I made up my own capsules, with No.2 size capsules that I bought at the health food store.
  12. lea

lea Member

Have you tried lysine for feeling viral and do you know how effective it may be?
    thank you
    best,
    lea
  13. elliespad

elliespad Member

I find Lysine helpful more for viruses that cause skin outbreaks, like cold sores around the mouth. It certainly is worth a try. I usually respond really fast to Amino Acid therapy, like a day or two. I rarely ever feel viral anymore, but if I do, I still take turmeric. But that is less than once a year.

I recently had a friend bring me some Curried Shrimp over pasta. It is made with Yellow Curry. (I didn't like it) But, It smelled EXACTLY like my Turmeric Capsules. I eat a lot of Red Curry. That's my favorite In fact, I think I will make Curry Chicken (Thai) tomorrow, yummy.