mssusan/wheat allergy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABCDfamily, Aug 6, 2006.

1. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

I noticed on the wheat alcohol post mssusan said she has an issues with wheat. Please tell me the diet you follow because I believe this is a major factot for me. I am allergic to wheat, oat and barley. Makes it difficult to live. Any other suggestions from people would be appreciated.

Thanks much
  2. sascha

sascha Member

is not really as hard as it at first seems. there are a lot of gluten-free goods now in health food stores. i used corn tortillas instead of toast at breakfast for a while (now i'm on carb-free/low-carb diet).

there are thickening agents (arrowroot, rice/potatoe flour, kudzu (health food stores have these) for sauces and gravies.

there's a store in my city that has gluten-free cookies, scones, muffins, cakes, and on and on. also there's gluten-free pasta.

once you start exploring, i think you'll find it's all out there. maybe you'll discover it's a great help to you to be off the wheat. be careful about hidden wheat in things- like soy sauce (there is a wheat-free variety). read lables carefully. best to you- sascha