Mt Head and Body Tremors Getting worse.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Jan 7, 2007.

1. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

In just last week or two I am shaking almost uncontrollably.

My head, hands, legs.

I feel my pulse up through my neck and my head shakes with this pulse and just seems to wobble.

In going to appointments I could always appear relatively calm amd control the shaking somewhat..but recently my hands are shaking so much more and my head and legs, and I can't stop it...I am going in reverse here.

It's been a year since all my problems started with a 7 day dose of the powerful Flouroquinolones antibiotic Levaquin... sister drug to Cipro.

Also, me sense of cold is so strong/ 3 times what it was before my body exploded in all the crazy symptoms. Last night it was like I my bed was placed at the north pole. I couldn't stop shaking for anything and my face and nose and hands were just ice cold!
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Sounds like your body might be trying to go into shock. I had some of the shaking for a few years. Then last year when I was getting full blown MCS, I felt like I was freezing. I now avoid artificial sweeteners and MSG and fragrances. I severely limit my exposure to chemicals. I don't get the shakes or tremors now. But I am more temperature sensitive. Those chemicals messed up my internal temperature control (hypothalmus).
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I urge you to see a neuro as an emergency as I wonder if you could have MS as a part of this illness is shaking. Have you been tested for this and or Parkinsons. I don't mean to scare you, but I also know that early dx is necessary, so please, this is not normal and insist on seeing a good neuro, even if you already saw one, see another.

Love and prayers Annie cromwell
  4. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

It's been ten years that I have been DX with CFS/MPS amd other related Dx's. What you just described are my exact symptoms, to date. They come and go and not one medication has helped relieve this. I also seen a neurologist for these problems only to have gotten the same as usual results,..."it's the FMS and CFS". I was placed on a blood thinner -medication to relieve the migraines and baclofen to help with the muscle spasms. Got temp reliefe only to have regressed once again. I'm noticing my LT hanf -index finger and thumb twitching on it's own more frequently these days. The feeling of my head being to heavy for my neck to carry has become chronic, causing major bad spells with my CFS/MPS. Last summer I weaned myself off IB and baclofen as I was becoming more dependent on them and now I am in escrutiating pain, head, neck, shoulders, upper/lower bacck, face -rt, chest and abdominal, leggs ect....I'm afraid to go back to my GP as I feel she feels as though she hasnt been able to help me. I also recently was forced to take a temp leave from my PT job because staff was noticing some changes in my personality due to the increased irritibility with my condition. As I heard it through the grape vine,.."she's wierd", LOL! I'm wierd because I don't allow any other staff to disrespect me for doing my job and some -going the extra mile. Stress is a major contributor to bad spells, but I'm sure you know that already. It's difficult to type this reply up now as my back muscles feel like giving up now. All I can suggest it get as much rest as you can, take IB, plenty of fluids and walk when you feel up to it. Rest...

T~
    People are so quick to judge these days...I'm sick of it.
  5. cct

cct Member

joeb7th,

I had very bad shaking and tremors for a couple of years.

I started to get better with the use of an ayurvedic formula from Planetary Formulas. It is called Myelin Sheath Support. It was developed for people with MS.

Myelin Sheath Support helped me alot until they changed the formula and then I could not tolerate it any more. The product is still available and you may be able to tolerate it. It might be worth a try.

Now, I take 4 teaspoons of liquid mangnesium everyday. If I do not take the magnesium, then I will start to shake the next day.

I have been to 6 neurologists and not a single one has ever had a clue as to what is causing the shaking and tremors. Most of them think that I am faking it and that my real problem is psychological (crazy!). I have had all kinds of tests and MRI's and nothing has turned up in the tests.

I would suggest that you find a very good CFS doctor and discusss the problem with him/her. According to a couple of books that I have read, shaking, tremors, and even seizures are not uncommon to CFS. It is all related to the Central Nervous System problems that many of us have.

Also, I have noticed that any kind of stress will push me toward tremors and shaking. I have to keep all stressors (physical, emotional, and intellectual) to an absolute minimum.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

You should see a neurologist.

I have two types of movement disorders and I went through a battery of tests to rule out what was wrong.

I have found that when I am sick or exhausted the tremors are worse. Also caffeine really effects them.

There is medication to control the tremors.

See your doctor soon. I hope you get some relief.

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2007]