MUCINEX guaifenesin treatment for fibromyalia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Apr 10, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

I Was on a site for fibro, and they are saying that people with fibromyalia, there a doctor name Dr. Amand's and his treatment is guaifenesin for people with fibromyalgia

and there is a protocol that you must follow

go here and read testimonies on good results of taking mucinex
    hope i can post this.[This Message was Edited on 04/10/2009]

this is one of there testimonies

one year on...... The protocol is for both fibro & CFS, & is fairly inexpensive. It takes a lot of determination, but it's worth it. I import the Guai from Prohealth.

The brainfog meant that understanding Dr St Amand's 'What your Doctor May Not Tell You about Fibromyalgia'(which has to be followed exactly) took me months.

After one year I have more energy & can do light housework & sit upright more; I used to lie down most of the day. My brain seems to be less foggy.

I'm still housebound, but am hopeful instead of in complete despair. If it works, it will take me about four more years to reverse my symptoms of long term severe M.E. & fibromyalgia.

The increase in symptoms on the protocol can be difficult as the phosphates leave our bodies, but I really feel that this treatment puts us in charge of our own health. I'm grateful for the UK online support group, without which I'd not have known which salicylate free toiletries, make up & dental products to use.

Dr St Amand's website has links to different country's support
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2009]
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

years ago my pa told me about this. wish i would have stuck with it.

am taking it now as mucus problems are gettting bad and find it helps with sinuses.My dad had such a bad mucus problem it was like concrete. they had to put in a feeding tube. wish i had given him mucinex instead of listening to docs not too!
  3. street129

street129 New Member

i took it for 2 days, something is making me ill, im not taking it tonight, i dont like how im feeling....yak.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai Protocol has helped reverse my FMS symptoms, including the pain. I also take Klonopin and I know that it helps with the pain too. Still, the Guai was the first treatment which really helped me. As long as I don't overdo things, my FMS symptoms are about 80 percent reversed. It's hard to tell because I also have CFIDS/ME. Many of the symptoms overlap. Still, the Guai has enabled me to focus on helping my CFIDS/ME, which, in my case, is worse than the FMS.

For anyone considering the Guai Protocol, I highly recommend reading Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." It's important to understand the protocol, follow the directions to the letter, and eliminate salicylates from one's regimen. Salicylates are fully explained in his book.

ProHealth sells the Guai in the store here. Their products are of the highest quality and the prices are excellent. This is where I buy my Guai.

Love, Mikie