Multi-Vitamin/Vitamin A

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Aug 6, 2009.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi All-

With my Fibro fog, I don't remember if I have posted this before or not.

Anyway, when my rheumy read the ingredients on the bottle of my vitamins, he told me to quit taking them- he said it has more than the recommended daily allowance for vitamin A. He gave me an article from the journal of rheumatology which says that too much vitamin A can cause inflamation, which, in turn, causes more pain for us.

He told me that studies have been done and the results show that we should not take too much of the fat-soluable vitamins, especially A. Vitamin A is supposedly linked to causing more pain for us. He did tell me to take the "B" vitamins because studies show that we need more of them for energy/fatigue. Since the "B's" are water-soluable, our bodies take what they need and we excrete what we don't need.

I just thought I'd share this with you, especially if you are suffering from inflamation.

Sorry if this is a repeat! Fibro fog- gotta love it! LOL

2. steach

steach Member

I'm not exactly sure; just the recommended daily amount that you would find on a bottle. No more in addition to that.

3. steach

steach Member

I do believe that Vitamin A is listed as "RDA" recommended daily allowance -or- it can be listed in "IU's" international units. Right now, I am just too lazy to go get my bottle to read it!! LOL

Anyway, beside the RDA or IU's, it will list a percent. Some multi-vitamins are high-potency and have way more than the RDA. You'll just have to compare the list of ingredients and how much of each is in it.