Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.....Help Please???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, May 9, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

After reading one of Wakemeups posts I believe she is right. How can those of us with MCS get well if we cannot take ANYTHING to get better?

Does anyone know what can be done for MCS? I cannot tolerate most detox formulas I have tried..is there some way to slowly detox or is there something else that can be done for MCS?

Without taking anything for CFS/FM, how can we get better? I'm like WAKE, a lot of foods make me sick or set my heart off into tachycardia and PVC's. Most supplments do the same.

Any ideas for those of us w/MCS? Thanks so much
  2. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I don't want to sound like a broken record..

..but my MCS started resolving itself after I started the Xyrem..

Repeat as needed..LOL!

julie (is free!)

Forgive
    It's a mighty big word
    for such a small man.. - Rebecca Lynn Howard
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

tHANKS guys. I appreciate it. I'll check it out WAke and Julie
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

part of our mcs problems are related to problems in our detoxification systems. I am stronger health-wise and a little less chemically sensitive after taking glutathione and magnesium iv's in the past year. These may not help all if you have a different detox problem. do some reading about P450 cytochromes and similar topics.

I have been under treatmetn using dr. Teitelbaum's protocols for the past few years and these have helped too. i think that i can tolerate a few more meds than i could t first, and every step forwrad is better than a step backwards. Blessings to you.

Oh, Martin Pall's theories have great promise. Look at some of the posts re ketamine iv's. i have been trying to get one but it is slow going getting the doc on board. Jen102
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I get progressively less sensitive, slowly, but surely over the years. And I've been so sensitive I couldn't go inside anywhere, even my own apt. at times, errands were a nightmare. And I used to be hugely food sensitive, and have bad reactions to most drugs, and some supplements.

There are always ways around things, and there is no replacing a very healthy diet w/ lots of raw and all homemade foods, whatever exercise you can manage, tons of deep breathing, and whatever supplements you can tolerate or afford, these are the main keys.

Jeanne
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

What is Xyrem? TIA Shelbo
  7. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

BUMP for XYREM question
  8. suz9601

suz9601 Member

9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

The date rape drug that some are taking for sleep?

LIGHT*********carole