Multiple diagnosis question (New to this board)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sparky120166, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Sparky120166

Sparky120166 New Member

I have been battling chronic pain/fatigue all my life. At the age of 2 I was tested for Leukemia that was negative. The doctors did not know what to do with me. My mother had to deal with the chronic leg pain and do what she could for me. At 16 they thought Lupus, ran more tests and still could not figure me out. At 21 I went into hypertensive crisis and spent a week in ICU. Finally got diagnosis of mixed connective tissue disorder or CREST (Calcinosis, Raynaud's Phen., Esophigitis, Tangelectasia). Also contacted a Rheumatologist who diagnosed me with systemic scleroderma. Now at age 40 I have been diagnosed with Chronic renal failure due to hypertension that was related to the scleroderma. My raynauds got so bad that I was getting sores on my fingers that would not heal. Ended up getting surgeries on both hands to restore circulation. Also have degenerating discs in my back and have had 4 back surgeries. Latest diagnosis is now fibromyalgia. I have had to quit working and many days it is all I can do to get myself to the bathroom. I spent most of April in the hospital with pancreatitis. During that time I was overdosed on demerol by the hospital staff. After 2 doses of Narcan I was able to breathe on my own. They of course appologized but didin't knock anything off the bill. Just wondering if anyone has any simular diagnosis's. So sorry this is so long but I hate to unload on my mother who is still having to help care for me. My husband of 21 years is not a great caregiver and at times holds my illnesses against me. This is something we discussed before we married and I don't think he realized what he was getting into.

Teresa (Sparky120166)
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Welcome to the board, I'm so glad you found us but sorry you needed to.

As for multiple diagnosis (how in the world do you pluralize that word???) there are many here that suffer in a similar way that you do.

Hopefully they'll see your post soon and reply to your questions.

And I sincerely hope you start to feel better soon so I'll send some warm thoughts and wishes your way.

Nancy B
  3. Sparky120166

Sparky120166 New Member

Thank you Nancy for your reply. From the posts I have read, there are some wonderful people here.