Multiple Moves - "Lost"??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Feb 2, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Since born in England; raised in Canada, and moved to U.S., I have only lived in one place for 4 years; moved constantly. (in my 60's).

I loved moving when I was in the Medical Corp, but was young, strong & had a great career.

But my last 3 moves since 2000 have left me feeling totally "lost".

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

LIGHT**********carole
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

to put down roots in a new place. We had lived in Alaska for 14 years, and it was hard for me to leave in '02. Now we live in Washington, and we've been there 3 1/2 years. I'm visiting in Alaska until tomorrow, and it's the first time that I've been back and not felt misplaced. I'm now glad to live in Washington state (I just miss my AK daughter and her family!) but I think it took this trip for me to appreciate my new home! I hope you can stay put now for a long time.... Terri
  3. MKlady

MKlady New Member

For most of my life, my career was my anchor. Now, the best "root-builder" is being active in my church. Less able to be actve now, but I know I have people there who care about me.

I recommend getting involved in something in the community - even if it's just baking cookies for the neighbors!

Good wishes to you, Carole.