Multiple scans today............????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ceili, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ceili

ceili New Member

I try so hard to make the time constraints work for me........I have a full time job. So I go today for a spinal scan, mammogram and thyroid scan.

All ok......though my back is hurting from laying on my back for the dexa scan. I dealt with it.

Mammo......no biggie.

Thyroid scan? She kept taking images and I told her the whole story. I had half of it removed due to a goiter several years ago. all good........she kept scanning.

When she was done, I asked her "does it look ok?" She said, "I'm not allowed to tell you".

Left for 20 minutes while she conferred with radiologist......when she came back....she stopped me from leaving and said, "are you sure you had 1/2 of your thyroid removed for a goiter? Are you sure it wasn't cancer?"

I explained, no , just a goiter growth. She told me doc wanted her to double check that.......... ??????????????

Does that mean he might suspect cancer now? Or they were just covering to make sure they got all of the views they needed???!!!!

I'm just a little freaked out tonight. Why did they ask me specifically about cancer????!! Did they see something on the ultrasound that was concerning them???

Oh yeah....guess I won't sleep tonight.......wondering. :(
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are in my prayers. Please let us know what you find out.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

(?) then not tell us why they ask.

Try not to worry until they give you something to worry about.

I have been told I had lupus then told I didn't.

I have been told I most likely had skin Cancer, had a biopsy and told I didn't.

So maybe it is OK. I hope you do not have to wait to long to find out.

M
  4. ceili

ceili New Member

I just wish that I had asked to speak to the radiologist when I was there. If he had questions, why couldn't HE come in and ask me.....so that I could fully ask him questions too?

I swear these imaging places are so much like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz..........don't ask questions about the closed door or the curtain. :rolleyes:

So I won't sleep for the next few nights, pretend I'm not scared......wth is up with that? Why can't we ask questions when questions are asked of us during tests/scans?

Now I guess I have to wait for my doc to get the results a week or so from now......in the meantime, I worry when I may not have to do so.

This bites. :mad:
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2005]