Mung Bean Ginger Tea Recipes & Mung Bean Breakfast Soup!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RadioFM, Apr 3, 2015.

1. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

I was inspired researching Qigong Master Healers to post this a new Mung Bean Ginger Tea recipe. Both ginger and mong beans are great anti inflammatory. Ginger also has antiviral properties and may improving digestion.

I feel this is a great combination for forum members looking for safe natural way to control inflammation and improve detoxification.

The Mung Bean Ginger Tea Recipe

• 1 boil quart water
    • Add 1/3 cup mung beans
    • Add 5-6 slices of fresh ginger

Boil for 15 minutes, it make around about 3 cups. Finish cooking beans another 15 minutes and ENJOY!

What are the health benefits of the Mung bean Ginger tea?

"Chinese mung beans provide anti-inflammatory benefits by inhibiting the release of the protein (HMGB1), which regulates inflammatory response."

Read more:

Ginger root is anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-histamine that can significantly reduce both macrophage activation and T cell proliferation.

Ginger can also significantly reduce induced lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress in rats and may have a protective actions in humans.

Ginger may help reduce the oxidative stress mechanisms as well as protected the Mitochondrial from the harmful affects cytokines induced inflammation.

Please review ginger references below:

Top Health Benefits of Ginger Root - A Powerful Nutritional Herb
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    ljimbo42 likes this.
  2. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Anti-Inflammatory Benefits of Ginger! Anti-Aging & Destroy Tumor Cells by juicing Ginger!!
    ljimbo42 likes this.
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

@RadioFM - I don't know if you have seen this paper yet on ginger, but it has a lot of useful information. It is basically a summary of what you have already posted. There may be some additional info as well. Clearly ginger is very safe and yet also very powerful in it's own ways.
    RadioFM likes this.
  5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Thank for the link Jim.

I am also impressed with mung beans and it's ability to inhibiting HMGB1 in systemic inflammatory diseases.
    I feel mung bean tea, ginger juice and cod liver oil could be the ultimate synergistic combination in FM.

I will post some more links about mung beans benefits below.

The Aqueous Extract of Mung Bean Coat Is Protective against Sepsis

"Here we have validated the therapeutic potential of MBC extract in a clinically relevant animal model of sepsis by administering it orally in a delayed regimen. Furthermore, we have uncovered a novel mechanism by which MBC extract effectively inhibits HMGB1 release by inducing HMGB1 aggregation and autophagic degradation in macrophages. Given the shared role of HMGB1 in the pathogenesis of many diseases, it is tempting to consider that MBC consumption may be beneficial against pathogenic heat, oxidative stress, or lethal infections in humans by selectively modulating autophagic HMGB1 degradation in targeted cells. Further investigation in this area will improve our understanding of innate immune-modulating mechanisms of mung bean, and shed light on the development of novel autophagy-modulating therapeutic strategies for the treatment of human diseases."

A Specific Proinflammatory Cytokine May Help Assess Functional Status and Disease Serverity of Fibromyalgia Patients

RESULTS: "The serum levels of HMGB1 protein were positively correlated with the FIQ scores in patients with FM (P = 0.002). Mean serum levels of HMGB1 were higher in patients with FM than in HC but this difference was not statistically significant."

CONCLUSION:" HMGB1 protein might be a good laboratory-sourced candidate for the assessment of functional status and disease severity in patients with FM."
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  6. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

The Benefits of Mung Bean
  7. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Mung Bean Breakfast Soup!

Dr Archer quotes:

" It is my five star replacement for a hot grain breakfast. The mung beans cook up soft like a grain, with a mild flavor, and swim in a rich coconut milk base. I love to top it with raw cacao nibs and fresh strawberries. The photo shows just about as much strawberries as my blood sugar can handle in the morning. The cacao nibs, they pop with crunch and flavor! You can also try topping it with blueberries or even avocado. In a hurry, I just eat straight-up mung bean soup with stevia."

"Mung bean breakfast soup offers fiber and protein for the first meal of the day. It is 100% allergy friendly. Unless, you are allergic to mung beans. But I doubt that. This breakfast would also be an excellent option for the (hated) elimination diet. A lot of people have no idea what to eat for breakfast if they are grain-free, soy-free, and vegan. Eat this!"

Mung Bean Breakfast Soup?

• 1 heaping cup of mung beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
    • 5 cups of filtered water
    • 1 can full fat, organic coconut milk
    • stevia to taste
    • topping options: cacao nibs, strawberries, blueberries, or avocado

Makes about 5 breakfast bowls

1. Drain mung beans & place in a medium sized stainless steel or glass sauce pan.
    2. Add 5 cups of filtered water.
    3. Bring to a vigorous boil.
    4. Turn heat down and simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
    5. Turn off heat and add coconut milk. Stir.
    6. Let sit on the warm burner for about 10 minutes.
    7. Serve hot.
    8. Add stevia and toppings to individual breakfast bowls.

See more below:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. Looma

Looma Member

Tnx for the recipes, will try it for sure!
  9. joanierav

joanierav Member

radio. thank you for the receipe. i am one that never knows what to eat for breakfast. all the things i love i cannot eat. cheese -- lactose intolerant, eggs - high cholestrol. im also gluten free for the ibs. so breakfast is really hard.

i cant wait to try this receipt. btw, can i have coconut milk with lactose intolerance?

thanks again. joanierav
  10. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

"btw, can i have coconut milk with lactose intolerance?"

Yes, coconut milk is lactose free!

11. Willow77

Willow77 Active Member

Where do you find Mung beans? I looked at Trader Joe's and the grocery store and couldn't find any. Are they in the freezer section, on the shelf dried, or in cans? Do you have to go to a specialty shop or the health food store? Sadly there is no health food store in my town only vitamin shops.
  12. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Hey Willow,
    You can get them online or look for them in the dry food bulk section at whole foods.
  13. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Ok. I admittedly read this and thought...for breakfast? GAG. :) But what I was thinking is that I make a mung bean dahl (Indian), and it has loads of garlic, ginger, onion, a bit of lemon juice, chillies, whatever spices I want that are Indian - I usually throw in turmeric, coriander, cumin, mustard I am thinking that this would be possibly dare I say it...even better? with all the goodies I add?

I am back on low carb. Day 1. Again. I am really struggling with it...You just have to be in the 'right place' mentally (at least I do) to keep the stamina and to persevere ....which admittedly, right now I don't. But I am trying! Unfortunately, mung beans are too high in carbs for me. But now I want some Indian food! Some chicken passanda, and my favourite (forbidden), peshwari naan (made with coconut and other yummy things inside). Sigh. I am going to go down and have a bit of my peanut butter protein balls....but somehow I doubt it will taste the same as a curry dinner!!!! (And in the UK, we are the land of Indian restaurants and good curries!!!!). I remember going for my first Indian meal when in college and my friend was sitting beside the window in the restaurant. He ordered a jalfrezi (bleddy spicy!) and steamed up the whole window!!!!
  14. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

Mmmm, I love Indian food, too. I've had great Indian food at some U.S. restaurants and in Canada, but the best I've had was in London.

The dishes I had in London were very different. I think the U.K. must have a greater variety of regional Indian food.

I eat low carb, too. One of my favorite dishes is saag paneer, but it does usually have heavy cream and cheese, of course. I can picture low-carb Indian food, but lots of dishes do have dairy. (I don't avoid all dairy: I just limit it to small amounts.)

There are also a lot of Indian recipes with coconut milk that could be low carb.

Mint chutney (so tasty with poppadoms!) comes to mind as something low carb. It usually has cilantro, garlic, lime, jalapenos, mint, and ginger, so that seems pretty healthy. That would be tasty with fish and other protein dishes.
  15. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

I haven't thought about mint chutney for years as they don't seen to make that here..... They tend to chop onions with mint and.... Ketchup.

I was watching a show last night about how Indian restaurants and their food in the UK is generally far from what is considered 'real Indian food' and was adapted for the British palate.

What I find so amusing is that particularly where we are in Scotland their diets are very bland. Salt and Pepper is pretty much the only spices used particularly by the older generation. I was speaking with our neighbour and he said he doesn't know what to do with most of the 'new food' (read eggplant for example). Haggis, neeps and tatties (neeps are turnips), mince and tatties or sausages, tatties and gravy is part of the diet here... Very limited and tasteless. And then the hilarious part is they will order an Indian full of wonderful flavours and spices... And hot! But would never consider doing anything like that at home. Funny.

Tonight we had hake marinated in Spanish spices and some ratatouille with a sprinkle of manchego cheese and it was very nice. Tomorrow will be low carb pizza with an egg crust. I think the thing is to keep our meals easy but also tasty and interesting!