muscle biopsy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by obrnlc, Aug 8, 2005.

1. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi all, got the results of my muscle biopsy today, and as usual--it was a big fat "I DON'T KNOW!!!!!"
    the results were "inconclusive" said the doctor, who stated "i'm no expert (then WHO IS????????????), there were some mild abnormalities but i haven't found anything on the internet to decipher them for me.
    anyone else out there had this done, and your results? I would so love to have SOMETHING cut and dry to go on, or at least to tell the evil insur. company people WHY i can't work, so SOMEONE will believe me!!
    Please, any info appreciated! thanks to all of you for listening--Laurie
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I would like any info on this too. Thanks for asking about this. If our our muscles do not show any damage, then maybe FM is definately caused by a damaged CNS.
    I'm sorry it didn't help you.....I know how THAT feels.
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

bump--any other info for laura and I??thanks--laurie
  4. Many years ago that is how I was diagnosed with fibro. My Dr. at the time had me get a muscle biopsy and he said it showed inflammation? He said I had fibromyositis, which it was called at the time. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it is now and I had many decent years. I wish I could go back to that pain now, it was so much better then.