Muscle burning.stabbing and twitches

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by egiebel, Oct 2, 2006.

1. egiebel

egiebel New Member

Hello,
    My legs get burning and stabbing pains in the front of the thighs that come and go, and my buttux and back of legs tire easlily than tend to ache/burn also. I also get little muscle twitches all over my body, but primarily in my legs. The twitching goes on most of the time; but seems to get worse with anxiety, and never has bothered my sleep.
    Can others relate to these symptoms: I am three weeks into my lyme diagnosis and amoxixillin therapy...
    E-
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I can certainly relate to burning and stabbing type pains in your legs. I get those all the time. My legs get sore and tired very fast also. I get severe burning pain in my shoulder joints and knee joints, do you? And yes, any type of stress sure makes me feel worse all over.

How long have you been sick? I hope you treatment works well for you and you have a speedy recovery!

Take care!
    Kellyann
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I have had this many, many times over the years. The abx have helped immensely. I had to go off them for a while because of an allergic reaction and my legs were killing me! I was spending half my life in epson salts baths.

I have been in treatment for a little over a year now. I take biaxin, plaquenil and doxy.
  4. egiebel

egiebel New Member

I saw my doctor today and he told me not to worry, it is actually a good sign that the bacteria are fighting to stay alive.