muscle condutivity test for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rob83, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Rob83

    Rob83 New Member

    Someone told me ther is a new muscle conductivity test they do now to check for FM. Is that true? or is it a load of crap?
  2. Shirl

    Shirl New Member

    Since I kind of stay away from the medical profession these days, I would not know if they did have a new test for us!

    I am sure others here would know.

    I loved the way you put that one!!!!

  3. RhainyC

    RhainyC New Member

  4. MtnDews

    MtnDews New Member

    Are you talking about the EMG? Where they stick a needle in your muscle to check the response? I had that on my legs.
  5. tweety48

    tweety48 New Member

    I read about a test that is a computerized algometer that is put at 18 trigger points area where pressure is applied, this will measure the pain threshold for each site and then document it on paper. I don't know if that is the same test or not. I heard that this is one test for fibro. Sorry can't remember what site I got that from. will try to find. good luck tweety.