Muscle cramps and or weakness.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dan0248, Dec 13, 2008.

1. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Hi guys it’s been a while since I’ve been here; I need to rattle a few cages if I can. Do any of you all ever get really bad muscle cramps. Or experience extreme muscle, weakness, from just a little bet of excretion like brushing your teeth. Or feel like half of your body’s tendons are going to pop if you move a certain way, like trying to put your hands behind your head. My feel like they are bow strings and I have them at full draw, you have to move them or else it gets so painful you can’t stand it. I’ve had all kinds of blood work and according to my Doc everything checks out. I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a really super new year. May the good Lord bless you and keep you all safe and sound.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

They aren't looking for the right stuff in the tests. Muscle cramps are usually low magnesium levels or low potassium levels. Even a few multivitamins a day can help that.

The weakness is a part of the disease.

I get massive muscle pain and problems. It's better when I do alot of vitamin/mineral supplements.

Weakness, you just have to pace. If you can't do something, wait till you can. I have to rest up before I can do anything and then rest in between doing that.
  3. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

I even had a EMG test which showed no true muscle issues so they determined it was from FM. I started taking Cymbalta which surprisingly helped with the muscle weakness. Surprised me.

I also had the muscle tightness. I started a new supplement and was shocked to find that after about 4 days my muscles began to relax. They were so tight before that my hip joints were contantly pulled out of the socket. I can also turn my head to look backwards which I could not do before. I missed one day of it and the tightness began to come back so I take it regularly as if it's a med!

[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2008]
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Welcome back!

I think it's another part of this lovely DD.

My arms and legs tighten to the point you can actually see and feel them. If I am over tired, or dealing with the cramping, I do feel very weak from the smallest task.

There are trigger points, not to be confused with tender points (which is how we are diagnosed.) It's called Myofasial (sp) and it plays a VERY large part in muscles, cramping, etc. Hopefully, somone who isn't tired and hurting, can fill you in more. They are horrid!

I hope you find some relief.. For me it's heat, heat, and more heat, or muscle relaxers when I can get get a script. I'm thinking of trying acupuncture also.

Take care!

5. astroherb

astroherb New Member

Holiday16, I wonder if you would mind sharing what supplement helped your muscles to relax. Tight, sore muscles are one of my greatess problems. Exercise helps but difficult to exercise when muscles are so tight.

Thank you. Ruby