muscle flex and being cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I know fibro is where the muscles do not move properly. "Is what I was told".. But, I hear alot of different things from alot of people too. I notice when I flex my legs my legs will hurt solid 2-3 sometimes more, days straight. It feels like almost like a pulled muscle "charle horse".. I mean im sore all the time, its like it throughs it into mass overload.

Do any of you find your arms burn fixing your hair? I have somewhat curly hair and it tends to take forever to fix. Now I just us clips to hold my hair back. Also, is it normal to find fibro people "when cold" there toes go numb? My husband and I are very different.. When Im cold, hes warm.. and vise versa. My fingers get cold easy too. Most of all though my feet are like ice cubes and when I put them around anything remotely warm I get needle pains in them. Does anyone experience this?

Regards,
    Misty
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I know fibro is where the muscles do not move properly. "Is what I was told".. But, I hear alot of different things from alot of people too. I notice when I flex my legs my legs will hurt solid 2-3 sometimes more, days straight. It feels like almost like a pulled muscle "charle horse".. I mean im sore all the time, its like it throughs it into mass overload.

Do any of you find your arms burn fixing your hair? I have somewhat curly hair and it tends to take forever to fix. Now I just us clips to hold my hair back. Also, is it normal to find fibro people "when cold" there toes go numb? My husband and I are very different.. When Im cold, hes warm.. and vise versa. My fingers get cold easy too. Most of all though my feet are like ice cubes and when I put them around anything remotely warm I get needle pains in them. Does anyone experience this?

Regards,
    Misty
  3. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Yes to all of the above, jewelz...my hands and feet are always cold...actually, I'M always cold. I took my temperature several times a day over a 7 day period, and hardly ever registered even 98 degrees. I can't honestly tell you whether or not that is part of the fibro or some other circulatory problem, but I do have those symptoms. But as for the burning, a resounding YES! All my life I have been one of those people who did my hair up, curled it, put it up, whatever (well, since I was about 12 anyway)and I have finally gone to the straight, natural look (unless I feel like going to the hairdresser). I can't hold my arms over my head, but it doesn't even take that to experience the burning pain. It's just always there, and my arms go numb from the shoulders down (that pins and needles feeling) for sometimes days at a time. So far, I haven't found anything that relieves that except a heating pad (although...get this...by doctors tell me ICE is bettter!). Yeah, right. I'm cold, cold makes my pain worse, and they want me to put ice on it. I wish I could help you more, but I'm still trying to find my way through this myself. All I can do is tell you I truly know how you feel, and hope you manage to find some relief!
    Take care,
    Stormy
  4. dizzymindy67

dizzymindy67 Guest

hi i am cold all the time. when im feeling really bad i cant get warmed up for a long time, like an hour or so.when we go out to eat or go anywhere i guess im always worried if im going to freeze! i hate being really cold sometimes i wondered if i had something else wrong with me besides fibro. seems like almost everthing goes back to fibro.
  5. missboo

missboo New Member

i don't do much with my hair, but i have noticed the burning pain in my upper arms when i'm folding laundry. after folding just 2 or 3 pieces, my arms just burn. i'm also cold all the time. i keep a blanket in the car now, and wear a sweater around the house. i used to think everyone else just got too hot all the time. now i understand that sensitivity to cold is part of this dd.
    missboo.
  6. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

Once I get the first little chill in the fall seems I don't thaw out until April. I keep a jacket on at work and a robe on all the time at home.

As far as muscle, my legs muslces feel like rocks because I tried to exercise them at the gym. It's been three days since they tightened up and I'm still having trouble. I did everything I was suppose to do...stretched, warmed up,
    did light weight and few reps (trying to keep moving like my doctor said), but my lower legs would have none of it.

Went to my water aerobics last night, helped some after I got home. HOwever, by the time I get up (even after taking muscle relaxant) they've tightened up all over again.
  7. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

I get it too. Feels like my leg muscles are permanently cramped/tight after exercise. Bummer isn't it :( Try not to worry about it too much -- it's all part of the fibro deal, as are the other things you mention. Guess we'll just have to put up with 365 bad hair days!

Marcus