Muscle & Joint Deterioration (lockup)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ronmbe, Nov 8, 2008.

1. ronmbe

ronmbe New Member

Hi Everyone,

Is it normal to experience severe muscular lockup with Fibromyalgia? I can no longer lift my right arm above the shoulder or move my arm towards my back. The pain is horrendous. The muscles in that arm throb day and night. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do for it?

This has been going on for several weeks now. I don't recall injuring it, but rather one day a pain was there, it got worse and it doesn't get better. I have a lot of joint pain throughout the body without any signs of swelling but this is the winner hands down for not only pain but severely limiting the use of my right arm. I get a fair amount of cracking in the joints. One of my fingers got a tendon problem which the doctor called "trigger finger". Now my finger either locks or snaps when I try to bend it.

Does Fibromyalgia deteriorate joints to the point of damage and thus mimic a physical injury? If anyone can answer this question, I would be grateful.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

my opion its the fibro. i think it is from all the muscle spasms and tighting up.
    i had surgery for a trigger finger don't recomend it and it returns.
    my nucca chrio helps alot with this.

take care
  3. ronmbe

ronmbe New Member

Thanks for the post 3gs. I was considering getting surgery for the trigger finger and now I won't. I had considered it may return and you confirmed my suspicion.

Also, I am not familiar with "nucca chrio". Please explain.

4. daylight

daylight New Member

Has your Rhuemy thought about the possibility of Osteo. or
    rheumatoid arthritis,tendonitis ? My doctors didn't even think about the two possibilities on my joints started deteriorating and deforming. They told me that FM doesn't cause joint damage.
    I was dx with FM,and RA. although I have a lot of joint swelling.
    I know that FM can hurt just as bad as a damaged joint though.
    Have they ran a xray?

5. klcooper

klcooper New Member

I have the same problem with my shoulder, pain came out of no where, no injury. I had an MRI and was told it's bursitis. I'm have to do physical therapy because I had a cortisone shot and it took about 15% of the pain away - not enough!

My pain meds don't really help and I'm not trying to increase it again. The pain does go down my arm and into my hand. I have it in both shoulders, the right is just much worse. I do recommend getting it checked because it could be a number of things.