Muscle pain and loss??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jun 22, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Im wondering...i am in the midst of being DXed w/ Fibro...howver lately i have recently experianced a lose of muscle and a gain of fat. needless to say, i have had pretty bad tender sore muscles and weakness...which my mother doesnt see how this could be fibro related(shes a nurse) but i went to work out yesterday and only could endure 15 mins without feeling liek i was gonna pass out...i did 10 min of walking a joggin and 5min of weight (2 types) and some abs....something i could have breezed through a couple months ago...(oh and i believe if i have fibro its been like 5 yrs worth) and i feel like a truck hit me....i was so sore last night even...i have truely lost almost all my muscle.

a few weeks ago i went walking and that night is when this all started, and the total body soreness, which in a matter of a week migrated back to the "chronic" painful back area.

could fibro be a cause for this muscle pain and weakness? and loose??? any suggestions as to what could cause this extrememly fast loss of muscles? cause just about 2 months ago i was rollerbladding w/ no problem...ive never had a problem doing new excersises..or activities w/ expierancing pain...UGGGG...help please, beck
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I don't think you have "lost" muscle, they are just overreacting to the amount of exercise and that is part of fibro.

I was dx'd 2 years ago and this is one thing that happened to me as the symptoms gradually piled up. First I started noticing that I would be stiff after sitting for awhile (put this down to getting older but was only 40).

I was taking aerobics twice a week and had been for 3 years and one day after class the night before my legs were so sore I could barely walk, but we had not done anything particularly strenuous.

Soon after I was dx'd.

God Bless,
    Sonya
  3. reckabek

reckabek New Member

well that does make me feel better that it could be related to fibro..but man its scarey...im only 29 so.....i feel ya... thanks agin./. beck
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Thanks so this is all signs of fibro...ok i still havent been officially DX'ed but i have an dx'ed apt. w/ rheumo in augest..so i guess i will know then w/ the trigger point test...but if this is all a normal body response i feel better...thanks alot