Muscle Pain New to me. Ouch-Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kitteejo, Jul 13, 2008.

1. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I've had CFID and FM for over five years but never experienced the pain before now. The last two weeks have been awful. I'm living on Advil just to make it through the day and night, sometimes it takes the pain away sometimes not.

Is the FM pain finaly hitting me or is it a side effect of something else? I've had burning skin for about six months but never muscle pain.

After much reading on supplements I have started taking the following: Vitamin B(complex)-C-D-E, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Glucosamine and Melatonin. Could this be the cause? The only side effect on the label or on line is stomach pain.

I've been on Zetia for years and have never experienced pain from it even thought that is one of the side effects. Could that be it?

Could any of you describe the FM pain that you have? This part is all new to me. I'm getting depressed over it.

Hope to hear from you,

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2008]
  2. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

IMO you really should talk to your doctor about the muscle pain, because if it's a side effect of the Zetia it could be serious.

That said, muscle pain in such a big part of FM for me, and my impression is that's true for most of us. Can you feel knots or hard places (myofascial trigger points) in the muscles? Trigger points can also cause "referred pain" - that is, they can send pain to other areas, usually but not always, near where the trigger point actually is. The Clair Davies trigger point book has helped me tremendously and I can't recommend it strongly enough. Working on the trigger points is not an instant fix but does help relieve the pain.

I doubt your supplements are causing any problem; in fact the magnesium, especially, should be helping. How much magnesium do you take? I'd also recommend D-Ribose (15 grams a day, I get mine from Vitacost).

If you're not taking COQ10 I would recommend that too as some cholesterol drugs can cause depletion. At least 150-200 mg a day.

layla1954 (Lee Ann)
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I definitely have muscle pain and it has gotten much worse recently. I used to describe my pain as feeling like it was mostly in my bones. Not anymore....

My muscle pain is from the back of my calves all the way up to my butt. To describe it is pretty difficult. Sometimes it feels like it is very deep. I don't know if you remember being little and having someone do an Indian Burn on your forearm, where someone twists your skin?? That's a feeling I get sometimes, only way deep inside.

My muscles feel tired...achy, painful. Sometimes my muscle relaxer (Soma) helps, sometimes it doesn't.
  4. msSusan

msSusan Member

I do believe I get more muscle pain from Vit. D, fish oil, magnesium and possibly other supplements. I'm trying to stick with low doses in case something else is causing the pain.

I have tried many different good quality formulas in case the inactive ingredients are the issue. I also try to stick with vegetarian capsules/formulas.

I also have food intolerences so who knows what's what! Also perimen. hormone issues could be affecting things.

I have daily burning achiness to varying degrees. Mostly in my feet/shins/wrists/hands. I also have daily headaches possibly from herniated disk in neck but neurologist stated he thought it was fibro related.
  5. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Thanks for the info about Zetia.(that was a lot of typing) I do have my blood tested often so I think my liver is ok. I don't take another statin with Zetia either.

I did not take my pill today and won't for a week to see if it makes a difference. My doctor thought my pain was from FM but I like to be in control of my own health so I will try that. Wish my cholesterol the best.

Thanks so much,