muscle pain right under the ribs on either side

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gumama, Jan 12, 2006.

1. gumama

gumama New Member

I'm just curious..I'm taking care of my 87 yr old Mother who requires full care 24/7. I have to do a lot of lifting getting her up from her bed and chair...

Today the muscles ( at least thats what it feels like) on the left side just under the rib cage and at the end of the esophagus area is very sore, its kind of like a sharp pain and only last a few seconds, but comes and goes....

anyone experience pain in that area.. I know that a lot of gals have pain right under the rib cage.. just wondered if its from the lifting aggravating the Fibro...

Thanks
    Sandy in the desert.
  2. dgrubaugh

dgrubaugh New Member

My husband just got out of the hospital with something like this. I have the FMS but he had terrible pain that would come and go especially after exertion and it turned out to be that his duodenum was inflamed. That is the area just after your stomach. It can become inflamed for different reasons and one might be the pain meds we take. Just a thought.
  3. 1nixon4u

1nixon4u New Member

I have this also and yes I believe it is the FIBRO that little carzy dragon attacking another area...I am sure that you lefting has and will aggrev. it but I know I have this all the time since it first appeared and it dont go away sometimes better than others though..gl to you
    gentle hugs
  4. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I have fibro & get severe pain at the bottom of my left side rib cage. When this happens my chiropractor uses TENS treatment on it until the pain goes away. After the final treatment the pains stays away for a couple of months & then comes back.
    Dee