Muscle Relaxents - How do you take them?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Sep 15, 2005.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

For medications in the muscle relaxer catagory, how does your dosage regime go?
    I take 2 Soma before bed but lately since i have been in a flare, the Soma gives that numbed out feeling for about 40 minutes and then my muscles are just relaxed. But its like underneath all the cramping and tightness that was causing me pain, there's a new set of achyiness there, and thats keeping me awake at night.
    I'm also taking Ambien at night, and thats not helping me fall asleep anymore either.

I'm not sure what to do, but this has been going on for several weeks and its just making me more run down and in pain all the time, so that i really can't function at any part of the day.

So my question is, how do you take your muscle relaxers? are they too heavy to take during the day? or do you take them at the same time as your sleeping pills? I'm just not sure if there is a better way to be trying these meds.

And I know i need to be talking to my doctor about this, but its complicated right now with not having medical insurance. My prescriptions are already very expensive to maintain.

Thanks for any tips you could give me.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's only for relaxing your muscles though.It relaxes me in the daytime.I do not get sleepy.I take trazadone at night and since my doctor increased the dose,I get 6 straight hours of sleep.I am allowed to take flexiril with it but I don't have to anymore.Everyone responds differently to meds though.Hope this helps