Muscle relaxers that make you sleepy??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a muscle relaxer that makes you sleepy ALWAYS - in other words you don't get tolerant to the sleepy effect?

I'm trying to taper sleep meds but can't get sleepy.

Soma makes me sleepy but only if I use it every few days. It doesn't work if I take it every day.

I'd like one that always makes you sleepy even if you use it every day.

Any suggestions please??

Love Bunchy x
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Flexeril makes me sleepy, but I think one does build a tolerance to it.
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Zanaflex always makes me sleepy. I take 8 mg at night and it knocks me out. I used to be on high doses of sleep aids but I do not need them any more.

No other muscle relaxers work for me so I am forced to use one 4 mg tablet during the day because that is the lowest dose that will work for me. I do end up taking a little nap but it is well worth it.

Steph
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...to prescribe a muscle-relaxer that was one you could become dependent on.

She always prescribed Zanaflex, saying it was not habit-forming, and you didn't build up a tolerance to it.

So, I agree with StepheeBee...check out Zanaflex.

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I'm usually very resistant to medications. When they try to put me out for surgery they usually say "wow, we had to give you enough to put a horse to sleep" or something along those lines. I've woken up during minor procedures where they don't put you all the way out. I've taken Zanaflex for sleep for over a year and if I take 1/4 the dose during the day, I still get tired.
  6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

and it always knocks me out. I love that muscle relaxer. It not only treats my sleeping disorder but it takes care of my pain also. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz