Muscle spasms and shaking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mommyinpain, Nov 18, 2006.

1. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Have been reading past posts about muscle spasms and shaking. I have had muscle spasms on and off for about a year. They are in all different parts of my body. Asked Rheumy about it and he suggested that I take too many vitamins and am too stressed out. Well, maybe but that is not what I need advice about tonight.

I wanted to know if anyone else getting real shaking feeling inside their body as well as having their hands shake when they are tired. I have been so worried this week because I have noticed that at work my hands have been shaking and I feel this shaking inside my body too. It is like when a person gets extremely nervous and their body quivers. That is how I have felt this week and it really scares me.

I need a really steady hand with my job and I don't know what I will do if this doesn't stop. Does anyone else have this and what do you do about it?

Thanks for any info. MIP
  2. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

I started trembling last week and I haven’t done that in many years. But my pain level had hit some all time highs as well. I know what you mean about work, but it’s the fog that will get me fired. The mistakes are getting more and more expensive. I used to tremble when I drank gallons of coffee but after I had a sleep study and went on CPAP about eight years ago that pretty much went away. But it seems the trembling is back …….and I don’t know why either. But it’s just my hands I don’t tremble inside …. Are you still doing caffeine?
  3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

My legs have shook for years. They have gotten worse, so has my writing from my unsteady hands. Especially is when I stand where my support isn't as good, my whole body will shake until I am in a steady position. My grip is way less than what it used to be too.

I don't know what to tell you about it. I know mine is not from vitamins, I don't take any. Not from caffiene either, so not really sure. Just probably those good ole neurotransmitters sounding off.

I find relaxing, especially in a warm bath, or with my electric blanket with soothing sounds usually helps my whole body to relax.

Not sure how much help I have been, but I hope some.

Remember MIP and beachwalker, our symptoms come and go, hopefully what problems we had last week will be better this week, or maybe at least something different.
    Don't stress...remember it only makes it worse. Think about the positive...remember it is Thanksgiving this week.
    (:)))

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie

4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Vitamins and anxiety is your doctor's way of telling you they have no clue.

If it is bothersome or gets worse, or unrelenting, it might be worth it to try LOW doses of klonapin or miraprex or other drugs to see if it lessens it.

If you're only getting it at night, you should only take the stuff at night.

I've been documenting my experiences with spasms hoping that it helps other people on here by reading what I'm doign and what's happeneing.
  5. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

My spasms are random, not day or night, just random but the shaking seems to be more during the day when I'm working.
    Yes, I do still drink coffee and I really don't want to quit. It keeps me alert enough to get through the mornings.
    I don't know what to do but I read some past post about Parkinson't and that scared the crap out of me. I just don't want to have all these symptoms. I'm always afraid something bad is wrong and the Doc's are missing it.
    I guess I do have anxiety because it seems like everyday something different hurts or I feel wierd in some crazy way.
    Anyway, thanks for replying. MIP
  6. sunsign

sunsign New Member

Hi iv had bad shakes and spasms for 7 years and some times it make life hell like if i carry something like shopping or even a drink from room to the next my shakes start i my worst parts is my legs arms and hands when i saw my doctor about it the first time i got the illness he just said it will go away now im so bad i dont carry anything and people look at you like your something the walked in up to now the only thing i found thats helps me is put some carming music on and let your body relax and go in to your own little world hope you find something that helps you take care Terry
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

YOU ARE NOT ALONE I HAVE BEEN SHAKING FOR 2 + YEARS SOMEDAYS ARE WORSE THAN OTHERS I THINK IT IS FROM YOUR MUSCLES BEEING SO TENSE THAT THEY PULL AND PRESS ON NERVES MINE IS THE WORST ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY BODY WHEN I TOLD THE DRS ABOUT IT THEY ALWAYS TOLD ME THEY DONT KNOW WHY AND THAT IT IN NOT A PART OF CMP OR FIBRO WHEN I KNOW I NEVER HAD IT UNTIL ALL THIS STARTED CHARLENE
  8. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

Thank you for all the replies.

Loved, that is exactly how I feel. My shaking seems to be worse when I haven't eaten and when I'm tired.

I am going to check out Hypoglycemia. Thanks, MIP
  9. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am like Loved, the shaking is inside, nobody can see it except for a fine tremor in my hands. This is a sign that I am extremely exhausted and my anxiety is really high. I hate this feeling, sorry you are feeling this way.

hugs Redwillow
  10. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

You have made me feel better just by describing exactly how I feel. The fine trembling in my hands and the shaking inside. The trembling in my hands really freaks me out. I don't know what I will do if it doesn't go away or gets worse.
    I have been extremely tired for the last couple of weeks and that is when the trembling started. Could it really just be because I am so tired? I don't want it to be anything serious. I have to work. I need my hands to be very steady.
    Does anyone take valium for this and does it help?
    MIP
  11. Daisys

Daisys Member

I had forgotten to take cortef for a few mornings and started to get shaky which would last most of the day.
    Once I started taking enough again, I haven't had that problem since.

And about hypoglycemia. I used to have that pretty bad-lots of symptoms, including shakiness. Once I started taking support for the thyroid and adrenals, I no longer have that problem. I can get pretty hungry and still not have weakness, headaches or shakiness.

Just another area to look at in your problem solving, if you feel it fits.
  12. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

when you say you starting take support for thyroid and adrenals, what do you mean? Do you take supplements or prescriptions?
    Also, anyone else take valium or anything like that for the shakes and does it work? I have a script. for valiums but don't like to take it during the day because it makes me sleepy but if it would help with the shaking hands I would suffer through the sleepiness.

Any advice appreciated. MIP
  13. Daisys

Daisys Member

I was put on armour thyroid and cortef, both by prescription to support my hormones. It's been very helpful for me. Forgetting to take the cortef for a few days showed me how important it is. I knew something was wrong and couldn't figure it out until I looked in my pill organizer and saw what I'd done.
  14. pika

pika New Member

glad to find i'm not alone in shaking and/or spasms. what bothers me most is when i lie in bed, it seems i can feel the bed trembling... sometimes my hubby wakes up because the bed is shaking. sometimes i can see muscles twitching. that, and sometimes when i first lie down, i feel a tingle going from my toes to the top of my head, sometimes for a minute or two. usually, i'm so tired that i fall asleep before it can "bother" me, (ie., i don't lie awake worrying)
  15. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi, i read your posts- I get shaking inside and also lately my legs get shakey almost like I can't continue- not sure but someone suggested it could be Panic Attack- since I have been dx'd with this and it comes out of the blue- It is scarrey.... I get spasms but not always same time as the shakiness- spasms are mainly in my neck but sometimes in my legs if I overdo or walk too much. Maybe ask a regular doctor....

It could be a couple of things going on- PS I never heard of vitamins doing this- but I am not a doctor. Strange stuff....

Good Luck Janet
  16. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

if it could be anxiety. My muscle spasms don't seem to be related to the shaking at all. Both happen at different times. The shaking has been better today. I never know when it will happen. Just randomly occurs.

If it does't get better soon I probably will ask my Doc about it.

Thanks for all the replies. MIP
  17. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

hey
    i ve dubbed them as "internal shakes" i get them a few days a week. just one of my many symptoms. GOD BLESS FOY