Muscle Spasms and Shooting Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Sep 28, 2005.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I've had FMS for several years. Usually my pain is when I am moving. Now however, I am experiencing some muscle spasms as well as shooting pains down both arms and legs. Spasms in same places as well as neck.

My question is....does anyone have this and if so, what works for you in easing the pain? Ultram that I am currently on is not working!

Thanks!
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I use both hot and cold packs as well as taking the meds Vicodin and Neurontin.Sometimes if you watch a funny movie or do some relaxation techniques it helps to kick up the serotonin level Linda
  3. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

I call the shooting pains...zaps. Feels as if I am constantly being shocked electrically. Nothing I have tried has worked to lessen them. Rest, and less stress does work somewhat.

I certainly know what you mean about the muscle spasms.
    I have had some success with flexeril, soma and hot/cold. I only take advil for pain, so I cannot help you there.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  4. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

an e-ray or MRI of your neck?

I was experienceing neck pain with numbness in my right arm and hand.

Had an e-ray and MRI, turns out my osteoarthritis is in my neck with many bone spurs, which causes nerve pain, that is very distinct shooting pain.

Maybe you should have it checked out to make sure it is your FM.

rrsbaby
  5. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I had a ruptured disk in my neck and a neuro surgeon performed a disectomy on it. It's been at least 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your ideas !! I'm off to the dr :)
  6. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Worse case scenario is that I have another ruptured disk in my neck. Best case is that it is yet another symptom of the FM. We are treating with Flexiril, Hydrocodone and an Anti-imflammatory until Friday. If it doesn't get better, we'll do an MRI to check for a ruptured disk....

Here I go again :)
  7. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

(((Hugs))) to everyone. Thanks for the support !