muscle spasms in hands...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jamedw1, May 30, 2003.

1. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

just looking for a little insight...
    any correlation to muscle spasms in hands either just prior to, or during a flare...
    and is this common to fms/cfs or what other possibilities might cause these involuntary muscle spasms, again related to the hands...
    thanks, as always...
    ed
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know that a bath in Epson Salts and Peroxide does help muscle spasms in my back, and I am sure it will help for your hands too.

Just soak them in a cup of Epson Salts and a bottle of Peroxide in very warm water for twenty minutes. It just might help the muscles relax.

Also, put a pair of cotton gloves on afterwards, and wrap them in a heating pad.

I sure hope you get some help soon...............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Do use the hand wax machine which was prescibed. Seems to give some relief only temporary though.
    Good suggestions I never knew about. Have to try them.
    Thanks. Soft teddy hugs.
  4. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

(but it's not for me... it's for someone i love... i'm the "research guy")... :)
    thanks, again...
    ed
  5. AnnG

AnnG New Member

Emu Oil (arthritis formula) at a Farmer's Market. I carry it in my purse and it does seem to give temp. relief. It is supposed to be good for almost everything so I am chasing the family around with it whenever they complain about anything!
  6. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

cockup wrist splints. You can get them at Walgreens for $15.00 each. I wore them as often as I could in the beginning (even though they increased the burning and carpel tunnel ache. Now I just wear then an hour or two a day and I rarely have spasms in my hands or pain in my wrists. It had been so bad I dropped almost everything I picked up. Hope this helps.

Lisa
  7. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

... er-ooski...

just one time... :)
  8. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

in clarification, she seemed to get these spasms just prior to and during her most recent flare...
    while i wouldn't think they'd cause the flare, per se, and as this a newer development, i was curious if others had similar experiences in re to involuntary muscle spasms in the hands or other extremities, perhaps as a signal to or result of flares...

they weren't tremors as much as they were spasms, but again, as this is new unchartered territory, i thought i'd just give a shot at seeing if this was related to the whole syndrome, or perhaps something else we should be seeing "red flags" about...

thankfully, as she's coming out of this most recent flare, they've subsided, but i ain't leaving any rock unturned as long as i'm still HER "rock"... :)

and as always, with the utmost of respect and regard for "everyone" here...

thank you...
    ed

9. yama

yama New Member

I too suffer from these spasms in my hands and feet where my hands and feet look deformed whilst it is happening, I have never found anything to help will try what is posted above by Shirl, thanks Shirl.
    All I can say like your wife it just started happening one day and I assumed it was another part of cfs. On trying to explain to my consultant what my hands and feet started doing he showed me with his own hands the shape they go into, so he had definately seen it before,
    Thanks for asking question
    Warm Wishes to all
    Carol
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2003]
  10. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

she teaches... kindergarten... and with the end of the school year the amount of stress to get everything packed away, not to mention the endless amount of chores sprung on her and her co-workers the last minute seemed endless...

these two variables could have caused the spasms, but if they persist beyond the falre, i will suggest other avenues be explored... she used her hands a lot in the cleaning, moving of furniture, packing away stuff, even disassembling a computer and carrying it piece by piece to the office... so the amount of hand use was a lot...

and thanks for calling her my wife... i will remember that when the day comes when i ask her if she'll honor me by being my life's partner... hopefully sooner than later... for now, i'm just a guy in love with someone i adore, admire, and will always care for and about... oh yeah, and i do a lot of research... and thanks to this place... i learn something every day so i can be the best supporting, caring, loving, and knowledgeable research guy around... :)

and it's my privlege to be what i am for her... as well as knowing all of you...

don't give up... don't EVER give up...

always in my prayers...
    ed