muscle spasms - low blood sugar feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by itsfm, Jul 16, 2003.

1. itsfm

itsfm New Member

Heya,

I've been trying to figure out whats wrong with my for a little over a year now.. recently I got some blood tests back that showed slight hypothyroidism and elevated epstein-barr (antibodies I guess). The doctor prescribed a min. dose of something for the thyroid and said that he thought the diagnoses was CFS but basically left it at that.. basically it started out with what I think was a fungal sinus infection (found aspergillus in the A/C system of the house I was in) it knocked me out for like 2 months with extreme fatigue, fuzzyness, muscle, joint aches, lack of concentration etc. I spent several months figuring it might be liver related since my liver enzymes were elevated but a liver biospy showed the liver to be ok. I feel a little better these days (I only feel like I have a moderate hang all the time) in that I dont have body aches and joint aches as much or as severve but I've found that I have what feels like low blood sugar alot and muscle spasms in my legs and arms. I go through periods that match alot of IBS symptoms. I'm leaning toward seeing if I have a candida problem because I took tetracycling for about a year for acne and take asthma meds that are corticosteroids, took whatever heavy antibiotic they gave me for 6 weeks for the sinus infection plus I used to have a very high sugar diet in that I drank beer like a fish (12 pack a day) for about 10 years. I'm 33 now.

All I know is I should be heathier than I've been in 10 years because I dont drink anymore, eat much better foods, exercise some when I can comapred to very little before but instead this nightmare just keeps going..

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or things that maybe I havent thought of looking at?

Sorry for the long message

Cya,
    Chris.
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

the possibility of a candida problem. You have a great history for it. And it can cause the symptoms you are having. Great Smokies Laboratory have a stool analysis that screens for bacteria (good and bad), yeast and parasites. It also does a sensitivity test to determine the best treatment options. That way you are not shooting in the dark. They list prescription and natural remedies. Glad you are doing better. For me, once the yeast is dealt with, my energy level improves. Hope is helps you too. -Karen