Muscle spasms squeezing throat and voice on one side??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by danaDoo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. danaDoo

danaDoo New Member

Does anyone have problems with muscle spasms that effect throat and voice?
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have had something very similar. I have had problems mostly when trying to swallow food or meds my throat will spasm. It can be really scary and feel like I am going to choke to death. But mine has never caused problems with my voice.. Hope you feel better soon, Gentle hugs, Pam
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have actually had tremors in my vocal chords just as I do in my arms. Its very strange
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Hi Danadoo... it sounds like the esophageal spasms that I've had. It got so these spasms were so painful that I finally went to a gastroenterologist.

He did an endoscopy procedure to look at my throat ... bottom line was that I had a small ulcer from stomach acid and one of the muscular rings in the esophagus was constricted down smaller.

However, these spasms did not affect my voice... but I could not even swallow saliva when they occured... plus they were very painful! I suppose the spasms could happen only on one side of your throat... but go to a doctor to find out what is happening.

If I were you I'd go to at gastro man and have it looked into. I was prescribed Aciphix and that stopped the spasms!

Hope this helps... blessings to you... CarolK
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2006]