muscle spasms with Lyme or more FM junk?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I was diagnosed 2x with having Lyme over the past 10 years. also have FM... could these awful muscle spasms I am having be caused by Lyme? Just wondering if that may just be from FM or my possible LUPUS? My arms and chest are going crazy with the spasms?

Any advice would be great.
    :) Kim
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Muscle twitching is a common symptom in lyme that I quickly searched. If you search long enough you might find muscle spasms listed elsewhere although they are about the same thing.

As far as FM or Lyme most LLMD's think almost all FM cases are lyme that has never had a proper test taken to diagnose it. My doc who has seen MANY FM patients said they all test out for lyme and start getting better when they find the correct ABX combination for their needs.

jar
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

so helpful, as always. It really is like twitching - Does spasm meds (flexeril, etc.) work well for this in your experience? Took Flexeril last night (10mg) did not notice much, but maybe too low of a dose. Cannot wait to see the Lyme doc.... looks like 5 more weeks now. I'd love to get to the bottom of this.
    hugs :) Kim
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I am very fortunate to not have to deal with muscle spasms so I can't be to much help on that matter. Perhaps on the regular board some FM people or should I say misdiagnosed FM people....someone is going to shoot me!.....will know of a drug that gave them temporary relief.

Love and light

jay