muscle tearing away from my bones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momof27, Jun 11, 2008.

1. momof27

momof27 New Member

and then lumping up , have any of you got this real bad ????
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

How do you know they are tearing away? Sometimes mine feel that way, and yes I get big lumps. They come and go.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes. I know exactly what u are trying to explain. Somehow people with fibro., the muscle texture changes and lumpy bumpy things appear and they hurt like crazy. I am a massage therapist and I'll guarantee u every fibro. patient I massage has these lumps whereas others do not.

[This Message was Edited on 06/12/2008]
  4. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

Sounds like myofascial trigger points (not the same as FM tender points). The muscle might feel like it's tearing away but it's probably not. Trigger points can be incredibly painful. I have found heat and cold packs both helpful, or a hot bath with salts.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Oh yeah, I love the look of my knee areas!

You know that white filmy stuff under the skin of chicken? That's myofascial tissue.

Normally, this tissue thickens and thins according to the muscles usage. In FM, it doesn't work normally, and bunches up at the ends of muscles, usually.

Mine are at the tops of my shins, on the insides, just below my knees. I joke that my knees come and go, LOL!

Mine do not hurt on the lumps; I just hurt everywhere.